Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
At Air Canada, we are passionate about building great digital customer experiences that help our customers travel the world. As we continue to grow the company into a global champion, digital is playing a leading role in all aspects of our customer’s journey. As a part of that growth we are not only investing in what we build and how we build it, but the culture we are building around it as well.
Air Canada’s Customer Digital Enablement team is looking for a Manager, Digital Enablement focused on building and leading a team of developers to deliver innovative customer experiences, drive automation, and reduce operating costs. The candidate should be self-driven, highly motivated, innovative, and ready to lead and support our agile development teams. The Manager, Digital Enablement will be responsible to produce scalable, fast, and robust solutions in an innovative atmosphere and provide technical leadership. Additionally, they will also be responsible for growing the capabilities of the developers and leaders on their team.
This position will be reporting to Director, Customer Digital Enablement
- Work closely with management to establish, grow, and lead our software development teams.
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged team of software developers.
- Work with architects & developers to define system architecture and tactical solutions for product delivery.
- Manage all cycles of development: manage the full software development lifecycle, including planning, architecture, implementation, QA, and operations.
- Define and enforce technical standards for quality, maintainability, scalability, availability, and security.
- Work to continuously improve software development processes.
- Innovate, improve, optimize, and identify opportunities for improved software development processes, design decisions, and engineering tools.
- Participate in long-term business planning, product roadmaps, and business strategy discussions. Collaborate with management and stakeholders to define priorities for features and releases.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of requirements and user stories.
- Develop scalable, high performance, and robust Web and Mobile applications.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Define and adhere to mobile standards and best practices.
- Analyze and resolve technical applications issues.
- Prepare reports, manuals, and documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in software development experience in building scalable web and mobile applications
- 2+ years experience managing, coaching, mentoring other developers to grow in their career.
- Leader with the ability to mentor team - review code, design, allocate resources and jump into the code as needed.
- Experience with modern programming languages and libraries (C#, Objective C, Swift, PHP, Node.js, Python, Java, .NET, Kotlin, GraphQL).
- Real-world experience with mission-critical enterprise REST APIs (either as consumer or producer)
- Experience with cross platform development using PAAS cloud systems.
- Database / Data Storage experience (SQL / MySQL).
- Experience with noSQL solutions (DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Strong skills and proven experience in full-stack software development, including design, implementation, and testing
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects, clearly communicate status of projects to executive teams, and manage and triage many competing demands and priorities
- Excellent analytical capabilities and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work with the business and technical leadership teams
- Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced environment.
- Result oriented with a proven track record of delivering successfully within aggressive timelines.
- Thorough understanding of the agile software development processes with distributed development teams and proven experience in delivering complex projects on time with high quality.
- Knowledge of mobile architecture, trends and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of mobile performance profiling tools and optimization techniques
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.