Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Loyalty Marketing Communications Coordinator position focuses on supporting the development, execution and monitoring of Air Canada’s Loyalty communications campaigns. This individual will support the broader Loyalty Products Marketing Communications team in planning, implementing and deploying a full suite of direct to customer communications related to Loyalty Products. The Loyalty Marketing Communications Coordinator will work alongside Strategists and Managers to collaborate with internal stakeholders as well as agency partners to support various key brand initiatives (marketing initiatives & advertising campaigns in paid, owned and earned channels) to achieve short and long term objectives. He/she will also work as a brand curator to ensure proper understanding and use of brand positioning and guidelines.
The Loyalty Marketing Communications Coordinator position sits within the Loyalty Products team, reporting to the Manager, Loyalty Marketing Communications. Does not have any direct reports.
- Support the Loyalty Products Marketing and Communications team members with the day-to-day operations of Air Canada’s Loyalty program, including responding to queries.
- Aid in drafting product and communication briefs for changes to current Loyalty products and the launch of new Loyalty products and campaigns.
- Support work being executed with agency partners and internal stakeholders to ensure seamless and well-coordinated campaigns.
- Support the development of business cases (when necessary).
- Perform ongoing benchmarking activities to support Loyalty Products team analysis of strategy given market changes and competitive threats.
- Communicate upcoming marketing and communications campaigns with other internal stakeholders including Airports, Contact Centres and Concierge.
- Provide ad-hoc assistance on project management, planning and execution activities, as needed. Responsible for updates to the marketing calendar.
- Along with the Strategists and Managers, ensure that agency partners and internal stakeholders fully understand Loyalty Products (positioning, strategies, objectives etc.)
- Help to develop new ideas and ways of working that serve to improve the overall quality and delivery of Loyalty Products Communications.
- Support category/competitive monitoring and reporting. Provide reporting to key stakeholders.
- Work with Customer Relations, Call Centres and Concierge to manage ad-hoc customer requests and escalations.
- Participate in proofreading and revision activities to ensure the accuracy of communications, both internal and external
- Position will require travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- University degree combined with 1-2 years of marketing and communications experience in Loyalty Airlines and/or travel industry.
- Basic understanding of advertising strategy and communications channels.
- Good creative evaluation skills and ideation capabilities.
- Understanding of loyalty marketing an asset.
- Ability to communicate in both written and oral English and French at an advanced level.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as part of a team.
- Good administrative, prioritization and organization skills with the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good analytical skills and ability to report findings and support broader team to find effective solutions to drive marketing and communications strategies.
- Strong research abilities and the ability to provide ongoing benchmarking of competitor loyalty products, services and communications.
- French is a requirement.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.