Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is seeking dynamic and enthusiastic individual to fill permanent, Full time positions that is currently available in the role of Hub Operations Control Specialist – Cargo YYZ.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations, the Specialist – Control Centre serves as the direct communication link between Air Canada Cargo Internal Customers, Warehouse Operations, cargo staging & mobile operations. The primary objective will be to monitor and prioritize the inbound/outbound cargo traffic within the Hub facility. The position also serves as the first point of escalation to any inquiries in the YYZ Global Hub.
- Ensure Safety / Security standards are applied without compromise
- Oversight of Cargo Facility System movements though the Automated Storage System
- Monitor high profile and critical shipments through the Hub Facility
- Prioritize the flow of shipments through the Automated Storage System during peak times
- Manage the Inventory Management for the Automated Storage System
- Analyze & monitor Cargo flow through the Hub Facility (i.e. Bulk and Unitized shipments)
- Create reports based on operational needs for daily usage
- Support and coordinate irregular operations (IRROPS) Recovery and Cargo movement through the Hub Facility
- Ensure that all standards and practices are adhered to and take appropriate action to remedy non-compliance.
- Manage and direct our Katlyn system technicians along with system flow
- Main point of contact and liaison with Building Vendors (i.e. KTS Services)
- Responsible for handling and taking decisions on escalations from internal customer inquiries or other investigations
- Responsible to communicate with all team members the day-of operational expectations and adjust according to the requirements
- Update, validate and analyze daily reports on performance and key operational events
- Monitor and report on daily inventories and inventory levels
- Monitor Iramp compliance and performance
- Communicate effectively with internal customers (i.e. Ground Handling Agents and General Sales Agents) on all matters to ensure efficient workflows
- Assist STOC in day-of operations
- Thorough knowledge of Cargo processing and operational procedures.
- Commitment to enhancing operational safety
- High energy level with solid planning skills
- Proven leadership and people skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with demonstrated attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to work under pressure with minimal or no supervision.
- Strong sense of operational urgency.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of internal systems (iRamp, S4A, Weblynx, Cielo, vMail)
- Past management/supervisory experience an asset
- Positive attitude
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.