Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Mission Resolution Analyst is responsible for the monitoring and execution of customer recovery programs as it relates to flight delays (departure/arrivals), cancellation and denied boarding of customers on the assigned flights/routes and decides on the compensation/recovery that are due to customers/bookings involving the impacted flights.
In addition this position is responsible for:
- Review/Manage of the assigned customer recovery cases
- Complete resolution of assigned cases involving the operating carriers (AC Family)
- Support any customer claim (per legal/court requirements) under any regulation/body to which the company comply
The Mission Resolution Analyst researches and response to department stakeholders intending to accurately determine the compensation/recovery applicable under regulations or company policy while protecting the interests of the company.
The Mission Resolution Analyst is part of the Customer Relations team and the positions will be domiciled from bases in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and London.
- Analyze, investigate and interpret flight operational data from multiple sources to determine the compensation that should be awarded or have been awarded against an incident and/or individual customer files.
- Identify compensation due to an affected customer based on the applicable regulatory regimes and or defined recovery policies.
- Determine recommendations/decisions on compensation amounts for flight delays and cancellations based on appropriate regulations and/or defined customer recovery policies.
- Communicate with concerned Parties/Stakeholders for applicable compensation/customer recovery decisions/directives.
- Identify and escalate to the relevant stakeholder (Regulatory, Customer Care, Legal, IFS, etc.,) possible need for additional/proactive compensation/recovery processes to mitigate any compliance risks.
- Work collaboratively with the internal stakeholders, including but not limited to the operational teams and Legal to understand:
- The operational framework to support compliance with APPR, EC261, and other passenger rights legislation worldwide (ie Israel, etc.) that the company is must comply;
- The framework for tarmac delay regimes in Canada, the US, China, and other jurisdictions as they develop.
- Coordinate with Customer Care, providing decision on controllability for compensation purposes, findings on whether other obligations were met, and steps taken to mitigate, if relevant.
- Develop, compile, prepare, track and report on incident and compensation awards and develop tracking reports to report out as necessary.
- Research and provide flight information to prepare responses to the Canadian Transportation Agency, National Enforcement Boards and other regulators when required.
- Liaise with Legal to discuss more complex cases and decisions on controllability;
- Coordinate with the stakeholders to provide all relevant information pertaining to cases that become litigated, along with results of investigation on fact gathering.
- Coordinate with the Legal & the internal stakeholders to provide all relevant information pertaining to cases that become litigated, along with results of investigation on fact gathering.
- Coordinate with CTA for facilitation and communication of certain documents and delay/cancellation-related information
- Engage in mediation with passengers in view of resolving their complaint
- Assist the internal customers with file investigations with items handled under our customer recovery procedures or as required.
- Monitor trends and identify opportunities to improve customer recovery processes.
- Respond to written or telephone inquiries, updating program stakeholders on all affected files and as required justify/defend decisions made.
- Maintain current and accurate records of assigned portfolio.
- Timely and consistent communications on all open cases with program stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College/University Degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum 12-months customer service and recovery experience gained within the travel industry (preferable airline)
- Experience with dealing with government and or regulatory compliance would be an asset
- Experience or training in mediation would be an asset
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interpret and assimilate technical/statutory terms into easy to understand terms across the department’s customer base (internal/external)
- Ability to identify problems and understand the impact of decisions being made on the customer and the company
- Highly proficient with the MS Suite of software products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Dynamics would be an asset
- Strong organization and time management skills, able to manage a multiple task workload
- Attentive to detail and demonstrated passion for quality in customer service
- Ability to distil complex regulation into manageable operational outputs
- Working knowledge of Air Canada systems would be an asset
- Understanding of Air Passenger Protection Regulations (APPR), European Regulations 261/2004 (EU) and other air travel regulations would be an asset
- Self-motivated and assertive
- A commitment to teamwork, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.