Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
- Support the Strategic Procurement team in its effort to streamline internal processes & procedures as to ensure consistent and speedy delivery of sourcing services while minimizing risk exposure to the corporation and ensuring supply agreements provide best value for money
- Develop an understanding of current sourcing practices in effect throughout the corporation and identify areas for improvement
- Research technological innovations and best practices in sourcing (e-sourcing/auctions, workflow management, RFx design and structure), negotiation, contracting and vendor management techniques
- Document and maintain Strategic Procurement tools & processes: Standard Form Agreement, Checklist(s), on-line Self-Serve tool and Corporate Purchasing Policy
- Develop and maintain corporate introduction presentation (‘Opening’) to vendors
- Assist Strategic Procurement in its evolution to become a center-led procurement organization by developing and executing the implementation plan of new tools & processes to ensure a high degree of adoption across the corporation
- Support the development of a training program (technical and soft training) for existing and new employees by developing an on-boarding training manual referencing the integration of the 7-steps of strategic sourcing along with Air Canada’s procurement policies and procedures
- Hold workshops, webinars and give presentations as appropriate to improve on current practices and share latest industry trends
- Develop, implement and maintain key performance measurement metrics for Strategic Procurement activities: cost reduction/avoidance reports (working with Finance), top 100 suppliers database, top 100 corporate sales accounts database, compliance reports to Corporate Purchasing Policies and Preferred Vendors
- Conduct vendor spend analysis through financial systems queries in support of Category Managers
- Maintain Strategic Procurement website as to ensure the data is complete, current and accurate
- Manage the information systems and IT related requirements of the group by leading the maintenance and upgrades of Ariba, Corporate Contract Database, PeopleSoft Spend Cube and shared drive information management system
- Provide technical and administrative support by remaining fully proficient with financial systems (PeopleSoft and Spend Cube), Project Flash Reports, Ariba and Corporate Contract Database
- University degree in Commerce/Business/Finance
- Working towards a designation in procurement is an asset
- Experience in financial analysis is a definite asset
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, think cell and PowerPoint), as well as PeopleSoft database, and good working knowledge of the internet
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Innovative thinker who is willing to learn
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage changing priorities
- Flexibility with work hours and occasional travel is required
- High degree of discretion is essential given the confidential nature of the information inherent in this position
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.