Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position will be reporting to the Manager, IT Service Management
- Management of Major / Critical incidents which has significant business and revenue impact and primarily involving large scale infrastructure issues or high-risk data or application issues
- Initiates Major Incident Procedures for Priority 1 and 2 incidents, that impact Critical Business Applications or Core Infrastructure Services.
- Tracking the major incident throughout its lifecycle as per ITIL methodology.
- Act as point of escalation into IT Operations Centre
- Leads with confidence within a support environment including a strong sense of commitment and drive towards incident remediation/resolution.
- Reel in right level of resources based on the issue type and lead the teams to restore the services as soon as possible.
- Use the Escalation matrix appropriately to get the required level of focus from technical and business teams during Major Incidents.
- Initiate AHOD (all hands-on deck) procedures as and when applicable
- Communicates appropriate business and technical updates to all key stake holders with progress until incident closure.
- Coordinates incident follow ups, reporting and lessons learned meetings.
- Lead business and technology analysis efforts to identify and prevent major incidents
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and drives the change.
- Participate in problem and change management teams
- Lead Planning and monitoring processes for a particular functional area
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Define and maintain methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes
- 8-10 years of professional experience supporting a large infrastructure environment with minimum of 5+ years of major incident management experience for large enterprise preferably with Airline/Airport environment.
- Strong knowledge of ITSM systems preferably Service Now.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of IT Operations and technology areas (servers, storage, networking, databases, IT security, web infrastructure, application support, Cloud computing, )
- ITIL Foundation or higher level certification, infrastructure certifications
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Willing to be available after hours
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Team player and ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented work environment with a bias toward action
- Ability to operate effectively under conditions of ambiguity
- Ability to understand and affect decisions strategically for the interest of Air Canada first and foremost
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.