Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Manager, CCST Design is responsible for managing the design and development of learning programs that support business objectives and are aligned with Air Canada’s strategic ambition to become a global top ten airline in everything we do. Reporting to the Senior Manager, CCST Design, this role will provide leadership and direction to a team of designers in developing performance-driven, engaging and innovative learning solutions.
This position may be located in Montreal or Toronto.
- Partner with Airports management to determine performance needs, make recommendations and apply L&D design principles to build engaging learning programs that meet business objectives.
- Set the direction for customized blended learning solutions, continuously improving and evolving our learning offerings for regulatory and non-regulatory programing.
- Provide expertise on various instructional technologies, including online, leader-led, social, virtual (AR &VR) and mobile learning experiences.
- Manage programs at all stages of their life cycle maintaining program compliance and audits enforcing quality standards and regulations set forth by Transport Canada, Star Alliance, and IOSA.
- Develop and monitor appropriate measures to ensure learning programs are effective and in alignment with business objectives.
- Work with training peers to identify areas where common learning solutions can be leveraged across various branches at Air Canada.
- Manage and coach a team of designers in new learning strategies and instructional practices.
- Maintain broad industry knowledge and understanding of marketplace trends to develop best-in-class learning solutions.
- Support cross functional training team initiatives.
- University undergraduate degree in related business field (Adult Education certification is an asset)
- Min 5-7 of related business experience
- Willingness and ability to travel (25% of time)
- Experience and track record leading, motivating, coaching and driving results through a highly-engaged team as a project leader and a people leader
- Experience creating and presenting learning strategies and recommendations, comfortable presenting to varying levels of management
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated track record in collaborating across branches to lead and implement training solutions, including knowledge of change management practices
- Excellent knowledge of technology required to enable effective online, leader-led, social, virtual and mobile learning experiences
- Ability to work under pressure, assess priorities and manage strict deadlines
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills with various levels of employees, management and vendors
- Demonstrated track record in managing multiple resources and diverse work assignments to complete work on time
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.