Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic technical specialist focused on providing overall system management services for Air Canada’s suite of Finance, Accounting and Purchasing applications. As the most senior technologist on the team you are expected to provide real world expertise in application service design, support and delivery while we modernize and optimize our business solutions. This role requires collaboration with a diverse internal workforce and extended third party service providers to create the future business application support model for our world class airline brand.
These are exciting times for IT at Air Canada, with many major projects underway that will transform the IT landscape in the company, such as the replacement of the company’s core Passenger Service System, a new Loyalty Program, and the build out of a global cloud backbone. Air Canada is also investing in new technologies that will facilitate its digital transformation. This is a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies, to build and lead a strong technical team of staff and supporting partners, and to contribute to the creation of the Air Canada of tomorrow.
This position will be reporting to “Manager, Application Development and Maintenance” responsible for Finance Systems.
- Establish finance system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, policies, and security requirements
- Plan, define, install and configure Peoplesoft and Hyperion systems as needed
- Monitor/manage server hardware, operating systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures
- Perform system monitoring and analysis, troubleshoot any issues regarding networks, software, hardware and operating systems and escalating application problems to third party suppliers as required
- Ensure the security and resiliency of the finance systems by developing system access controls, service health monitoring, establishing and testing application recovery policies and procedures
- Work closely with Air Canada Solution Architects and other it professionals to design new solutions and services
- Collaborate with vendors and internal users to develop, evaluate, install and test software enhancements
- Lead Accounting system enhancements and initiatives throughout the initiative lifecycle
- Act as a technical SME on large Corporate system initiatives relating to the finance and procurement platforms ensuring stakeholders are consulted on decisions and kept abreast of status, risks and issues
- Ensure compliance of finance system initiatives with IT architecture strategy and non-functional standards
- Support project management delivery practices through planning, monitoring & delivery phases
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve constraints and deployment issues
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures
- Assess application technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals
- Support planning and monitoring processes to ensure service stability, security and health
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve technical processes
- Be a cultural leader within the IT community in delivering a high quality, customer centric approach to solving business problems
- Collaborate with manufacturers, integrators, development and testing teams to design a flexible and scalable solution designs and support model
- Help in the development and support of a community of platform subscriber to support the strategy, educate and improve user skills, and drive common adoption of best practices
- Ensure alignment and compliance with internal IT standards related to operations, quality and security
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 9-12 years of technology operations and design experience in an enterprise IT organization, 3-5 years in senior roles
- Direct experience working with a wide range of financial, accounting, procurement and logistics management software application platforms
- Thorough understanding of ITIL, SDLC and cyber security risk management frameworks
- Demonstrated experience designing, assessing and implementing software enhancement packages
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.