Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position may be located in Montreal or Vancouver.
To provide overall system, application, communication and technology support. This will include 24 x 7 x 365 on site support, at Toronto Pearson Airport and surrounding offices. Assist with the implementation of technologies and communication tools supporting the Airline’s operations. Provide technological support to maximize operational integrity, performance and safety. In addition, act as the single point of contact representing Air Canada Operations IT for Major Incidents involving Air Canada operations and/or operational systems.
- Adhere to defined organizational processes for consistent IT services delivery
- Act as point of contact into IT organization
- Promote use of self-service tools and Service Catalog to reduce cost & enhance user experience
- Support operational efficiency of Service Desk management by reducing ticket volumes through root cause analysis and raising associated process improvements ideas
- Collaborate in conducting end user surveys and create action plans, as required
- Oversee vendor resources involved in End User and Service Desk support
- Monitor critical systems, and support resolution of critical/non-critical incidents
- Supporting digital workplace and device strategy to drive workplace collaboration, optimal device imaging and support for international operations, for all devices including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, airport devices, field devices, etc.
- Working closely with Operations Center, Airport Operations and IT Teams to collect and use information for improved operational performance
- Reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts
- Triage and Testing of Air Canada hardware (stationary and mobile)
- Support hardware repair/return RMA processes
- Support requirements gathering, systems analysis and business requirements definition
- Participate on agile and project teams
- Support creation of business cases
- Support Planning and monitoring processes
- Provide reporting on impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes
- 3-5 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company
- ITIL Certification (i.e. Practitioner)
- Strong knowledge of mobility strategies, tools, devices and functionality
- supporting iOS and Android; troubleshooting and configuration in a large corporate setting
- IT related education and University degree/technical certification or relevant work experience
- Additional technological background (programming, infrastructure management, etc.) an asset
- Knowledge of Air Canada information technology platforms and applications
- Working knowledge of MS InTune and/or SOTI MobiControl or other MDM platforms
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities that are driven by operational corporate requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under extreme pressure and a sense of urgency
- Highly flexible and adaptable to a continually changing environment
- Strong ability to be self-starter, independent learner and results focused
- Ability to work in a team environment towards a common goal/objective
- Ability for shift work as required
- Ability to travel as required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.