Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is looking to hire a Manager, IT Service Management in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.
The purpose of Hub IT Support is to unify Air Canada’s IT support services delivery for consistency and quality across its internal and sourced environment to ITIL/ITSM best practices. Manage service delivery and support of end user environments for YYZ/YUL/YVR Hub locations, ensuring successful availability, continuity and security of the services, continually improving upon customer IT support in an airline operational arena. Being the IT focal and escalation point for the respective hub.
This position will be reporting to the Director, IT End User Service Support
- Responsible for guiding the strategy for planning, design, documentation and implementation of IT Service Management, End User and Service Desk service offerings in line with ITSM processes
- Ensures adherence to defined organizational processes for continued consistency of IT services delivery in 24/7/365 environment
- Manages IT services SNOW catalogue on a continued basis, by working closely with IT Service Owners
- Acts as first point of contact into IT organization
- Develops, manages, measures and reports on key service-level metrics, including average response time, first-contact-resolution rate, mean time to repair, call avoidance, demand mix and end-user productivity
- Promotes use of self service and review service catalogue to reduce service cost & enhance user experience
- Brings in operational efficiency in service desk management by reducing ticket volumes through root cause analysis, periodic reviews and process improvements.
- Collaborates in conducting end user surveys and create action plans, as required
- Manages Vendors that support End Users and Service Desk support in airport operational centers (OC) and administrative locations
- Responsible for monitoring of critical systems, and support resolution of critical/non-critical incidents
- Responsible for developing and establishing digital workplace and device strategy to drive workplace collaboration, optimal device imaging and support for international operations, for all devices including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, airport devices, field devices, etc.
- Possesses technical expertise, and is able to guide, direct and coach end users, peers & management, while ensuring that all aspects of the system architecture and applications are considered in business decisions and that technical resources are available
- Supports supplementary IT tasks, oversees new IT technical installations, works with staff and other departments on hardware and application integration projects.
- Has an understanding of available technologies and researches emerging ones
- Accountable and responsible for IT Site Support and service delivery, with teams having similar or uniform skill sets
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, and onboarding employees
- Responsible for maintaining a healthy work environment including development of personal growth opportunities for reporting employees
- Creates and fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration and can-do attitudes
- Communicate job expectations, monitoring, and appraising employee performance
- Provides coaching, counseling, and mentoring to employees
- Develops and enforces adherence to systems, policies, and procedures for employees
- Manages delivery quality by enforcing customer service standards
- Ensures adherence to professional and technical standards by reviewing and benchmarking to latest and state-of-the-art practices
- Provides support and guidance during Major Incidents (MI) that reduce duration of IT outages affecting OTP and operational continuity
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 9-12 years of IT technology, operations, people leadership and strategy experience in a large company required
- Experience in common use airport environments with working knowledge of ARINC SITA, RESA, and AirIT and Amadeus airport system vendors would be an asset
- Working knowledge & experience with IT financial budget and processes preferred
- ITIL Practitioner or Intermediate Level certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate on Windows 10 an asset
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and autonomous worker, capable of motivating others
- Possesses an investigative nature
- Results oriented with a proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- A team player with ability to work closely and cooperatively with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours when required. Travel will be required in this role
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.