Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The primary objective of the Cargo Network Control (CNC) Manager will be to assist the GM Cargo Network Control and perform the following duties, but not limited to:
- Focal point of all communications related to special events and irregular activities.
- Support Europe and Asian origin flights issues and flight watch by covering a 24/7 operations.
- Manage day of Charter Freighter operation from a system perspective.
- Optimize Cargo requirements in conjunction with all parts of Air Canada family entities.
- Tactical support of global AC Surface requirement with contracted third party Service Providers.
- Provide management support and decision-making abilities to other AC Cargo departments as well as other AC family components.
- Focal point of ULD interface with Unilode, a ULD management vendor.
- Critical care and AOG functions.
- Represent Cargo interests at the System Ops Control Centre (SOC).
- Proactively manage “day of” space allocation and perform station in re-accommodation of bumped load contingencies in accordance with customer’s requirement and operational capability.
- Proactively maintain an awareness of developing operational constraints and ensure Cargo interests are included with SOC contingencies.
- Communication with key internal and external interfaces to ensure cargo products integrity.
- Monitor scheduled trucking and set up required ad hoc trucking.
- Monitor Cold Chain Logistics - positioning/repositioning empty TC ULD.
- Manage AC Family AOG movement when on a “014” awb. In conjunction with Stores/MTC AOG desk and appropriate cargo stations.
- Monitor compliance to daily UNILODE global ULD Control logistics requests.
- Manage UNILODE ULD escalation requests on AC Airports/Cargo compliance issues.
- Produce daily CNC synopsis and chair twice daily CNC conference calls.
- Populate and maintain CNC/ULD AC- Aeronet site as well as heat advisories/station alerts.
- Attend daily SOC meeting and report on any day of issues of significance as related to cargo and or/ULD with potential impact to the airport’s world or to the overall operation.
- Support freighter operations – key communication point between AC and CJ.
- Monitor critical flights for cargo maximization and working with load and dispatch where necessary.
- Develop and maintain expertise on revenue management tools and techniques, as well as marketing information systems.
- Interface with Pricing, and capacity forecast teams.
- Undergraduate business degree a definite asset.
- Strong understanding of the cargo business with commercial sales experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making abilities.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Results oriented.
- Exceptional planning and organization skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands.
- Must be receptive to flexible work hours, holiday/weekend coverage and travel expectations.
- Proficiency with PC Window applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Sharepoint, Weblynx (asset).
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.