Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Digital Asset Manager will be responsible for the management, development, maintenance and implementation of our Adobe Digital Asset Management (DAM) system. The Digital Asset Manager will serve as the primary lead and point of contact for all DAM related business deliverables.
- Establish and lead initiatives surrounding the Brand group’s Digital Asset Management (DAM) system
- Lead the integration of Aeroplan;
- Launch DAM for Loyalty assets and content, asset migration to the Air Canada server
- Analyze Aeroplan taxonomy and metadata, recommend an asset and content management solution, ensure cohesion with Air Canada methodology
- Lead the development and evolution of the DAM system for the management and rollout of the Asset Share site as the one-stop-shop for disseminating partnership asset, collaboration and governance
- Analyse DAM reports/data and use data and analysis to build business cases for the development of various DAM related improvements and initiatives
- Manage the brand guidelines digital platform; user groups and updates. Act as the central point of contact on guideline questions and requests.
- Work with Air Canada’s Archiviest to solution long term archiving of marketing communications
- Oversee onboarding, training and the development of user guides
- Create tutorials and instructional documents
- Lead onboarding and training of staff
- Lead the rollout of the DAM across international markets
- Incident management: Centralize all incidents and problems raised by users. Coordinate resolutions with the platform provider (Adobe) by following actions across the escalation process and ensuring testing of the proposed solutions.
- Act as the internal expert on Digital Rights Management
- Liaise with AC producers to ensure transfer of knowledge on rights for images & videos is obtained
- Provide copyright guidance to ensure that media is used within purchased licenses and agreements terms.
- Collaborate with IT on fixes and upgrades
- Build relationships with cross-functional teams to provide input on business requirements
- Serve as primary curator of creative assets on behalf of the Air Canada Creative Studio
- Responsible for the Digital Asset Management system, including organization, metadata, uploading and maintaining assets, rights and credit lines, user roles and permissions, and content updates
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the Creative Studio team and external agency partners to support the implementation of processes and protocols for gathering assets, using the brand management platform, and adding assets to the platform. Provide input and support in the development of new processes/protocols as required.
- Enter new and edit existing metadata on the DAM to support searches and content repurposing
- Review workflows and improve processes on an ongoing basis
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the brand management platform provider (Adobe), including regular communication as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of asset/file management experience, web-based DAM experience highly desirable
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experienced working in a media production environment and cataloguing digital media is an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Proven analytical ability at a high-level, able to add valuable insights
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated flexibility with work assignments – working quickly, efficiently, establishing priorities, and working effectively under pressure to meet tight and shifting priorities and timelines
- Comfortable with Mac O/S
- Fluency in written and spoken French is an asset
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.