Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The primary role of the VIP & Concierge Services Specialist is to maintain the integrity of the International Air Canada Concierge Premium product by ensuring a consistent level of service is delivered to our Top Tier, Altitude Super Elite 100K, Signature Class customers and the Air Canada Global Concierge Team.
- To create and allocate all duties on the Air Canada Heathrow Concierge roster.
- Monitor time and attendance for the Heathrow Concierge Team.
- Monitor the day-to-day activities of the International Concierge Team.
- Create Training documents and aides.
- Monitor Air Canada Concierge Uniform and Grooming compliance.
- Ensure Company standards are met always and consistently communicate the Company Direction
- Coach, Counsel and Discipline Concierge personnel, within the department, on work standards and employee responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Work closely with all team members to meet Branch objectives.
- Conduct regular Heathrow Concierge briefings and Staff Meetings
- Ensure staff worksheets efficiently / optimize operational requirements
- Contribute / support in all matters regarding, Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Ensure all Heathrow Concierge are compliant with Dangerous Goods Training.
- Manage the International Concierge operations on an ongoing basis and to ensure Air Canada Premium Product SOP’s are met within the resource plan schedules, constraints and Collective agreements.
- Manage the International Concierge team, acting as coach and motivating the team to achieve high levels of Service Excellence at minimum cost.
- Conduct Investigations and self-audits on a regular basis.
- Be available for travel on a moment’s notice to stations outside of the base.
- Engage either by e-mail or phone with Premium Customers and resolve all issues with Care and Class in an efficient and timely manner ultimately to retain Loyalty.
- Liaise with Local management and HQ management on training material for the International Team.
- To coach and manage by setting and maintaining Performance Standards
- Liaise with the Airport Passenger Office Duty Manager regarding compiling all the necessary information / forms relating to any employee injury or equipment damage within the department.
- Liaise with Maple Leaf Lounge providers and conduct Concierge Maple Leaf Lounge audits.
- Verify and delegate special handling requests for all Global Concierge bases.
- Edit and maintain ACPedia pertaining to International Concierge.
- Proactively manage events during Operational disruptions, in liaison with SOC/STOC and other departments, to ensure plans are implemented that minimize negative impact on Premium Customers or Operation.
- Continue to improve Customer satisfaction for the AC Premium Product by anticipating, identifying and resolving service and operational problems with a result-oriented approach to performance.
- Proven leadership and people management skills which elicit trust in employees and demonstrate leadership judgement in a unionized environment.
- Strong customer focus, dealing with customers with professionalism, Care and Class.
- Hands on and proactive approach to problem solving / trouble shooting
- Excellent problem-solving skills and entrepreneurial; able to apply creative solutions that have an immediate and positive impact on results.
- Excellent Communication skills, oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others.
- Strong and proven planning and organizational skills.
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle high volume of work and stressful situations.
- Demonstrated P.C. Skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience in Event Planning
- Experience in working with all levels of Management.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, work weekends and late shifts
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality whether Corporate or on a personal level.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working rules.
- Must have the right to work in UK without restriction.
- Strong Technical knowledge of Airport automation (Altea, Native, ACPedia and Ticketing, preferred).
- Excellent knowledge of the Concierge Premium Product.
- Professional fluency in French and other European languages an advantage.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.