Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
In this flying role, the Onboard Service Manager (OBSM) is responsible to coach and assess crew against their respective Touchpoints for Service Directors or Cabin Crew.
The primary objective of this management position onboard, is to foster teamwork, assist with the development and performance of cabin crew in relation to established competencies and standard operating procedures.
In this flying role, the work week will vary, and the hours/times zones will differ from day to day. As a true agent of change within the organization the OBSM may be deployed to assist in different types of strategic initiatives, to support and recognize cabin crew and enhance overall customer experience. Being part of In-Flight Service management will also require working closely to support the In-flight bases and other branches where required, which may include non-flying operational duties.
- Coach and assess crew in relation to their respective Touchpoints to ensure they achieve/meet or exceed expectations onboard.
- Takes an active role in developing audits and strategy review and development.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of the onboard Product through leadership, coaching and performance recommendations to ensure successful cabin crew delivery.
- Participate in grooming initiatives to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
- Follow up on progress of issues/suggestions from the crew.
- Serve as subject matter expert on specific routes and as the primary interface/liaison between cabin crew and company.
- Effectively communicate the rationale of company policies, procedures and products on board and during layovers and act as a direct conduit to HQ to resolve issues.
- Liaise with IFS training and the Marketing branch to identify areas of training that require more focus. Play an active role in the development of service and other non-regulatory/technical training.
- Interact as the public relations person with a focus on high yield customers. Take action on controllable issues on the spot.
- Work with Concierge team on standards for hand-over of high yield customers.
- Take an active role in the recognition of Service Director leadership and/or exceptional onboard service delivery performance by cabin crew.
- Ensure that all Company standards and procedures are adhered to and act as a resource person for cabin crew.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective cabin crew coaching practices.
- Conduct grooming and cabin crew publication checks.
- Ensure that onboard sales procedures are adhered to (AC café & Duty Free).
- Manage onboard passenger complaints with crew and ensure follow-up as required.
- Monitor crew performance.
- Ensure compliance and briefings specific to the onboard product and quality assurance.
- Respond to cabin crew inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Provide management support as required in the daily operation and keep abreast of current issues affecting cabin crew.
- Support all corporate recognition programs.
- Fluency in English & French and/or another language
- Experience in leading, motivating and coaching
- Complete the Flight Attendant training program & maintain qualifications and valid passport
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Intercultural competence and consciousness
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create and achieve a vision
- Strong customer focus
- Analytical, innovative and creative skills
- Strong product knowledge (safety, service standards and labor relations)
- Competitive awareness
- Detail oriented
- Impartial and engaged
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and achieve multiple objectives
- Highly adaptable and flexible to support a 24/7 operation
- Airline related experience
- Demonstrated impeccable grooming
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook and Excel
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.