Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Manager, Airports – San Francisco is responsible for the day to day and management of employees, ground handlers and external suppliers, including operational decisions and the overall coordination of activities to safely deliver the customer experience while achieving operational and financial objectives. In addition, the incumbent will provide leadership to all employees in order for them to carry out their roles, responsibilities and meet performance metrics to ensure that Air Canada is the airline of choice.
- Ensures Safety, Security and Customer Service standards are observed, monitored and practiced consistently.
- Acts as a role model for safety awareness in compliance with government and company safety standards, regulations and compliance with standards of IOSA, SMS and other applicable authorities.
- Anticipates, identifies and resolves service and operational problems with a results oriented approach to Safety, Security and Performance
- Plans, organizes, manages and enhances Airport Customer Experience functions including Passenger, Aircraft and Baggage Services.
- Manages effective deployment of staff to support Customer Experience and on-time performance.
- Provides leadership to ensure the implementation, maintenance and improvement of procedures and processes to achieve or exceed customer service level and performance standards.
- Monitors and authorizes airport expenses.
- Liaises with other functional work groups, contract carriers and Star Alliance partners to perform efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Communicates with staff on a regular basis to keep them informed and knowledgeable of new products, performance issues and branch objectives.
- Guides the staff, counsels and motivates his team through example and be accountable for their performance.
- Recognizes and acknowledges employees who consistently deliver excellent customer service.
- Documents and takes corrective action to address employee(s) poor performance according to accepted guidelines/procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a professional relationship with Union representatives.
- Works in close partnership with the Airport Authorities, TSA and USCBP.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or the equivalent; Relevant professional experience will be considered.
- Experience with employee management.
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills with an aptitude for precision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Sound knowledge of airport ramp and sales operation.
- Sound decision making skills.
- Ability to establish work priorities and performance under deadline pressures.
- Good computer skills.
- Experience in unionized environment.
- Understanding of risk assessment.
- Extreme flexibility and availability to work long and irregular hours.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.