Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Develop, deliver and maintain applications as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products through introduction of new tools, technology and practices for evolution of processes and optimization of applications. This position requires deep understanding of software management and delivery practices in a large and dynamic enterprise business setting and significant technical depth to balance tactical and strategic priorities.
This position will be reporting to the Manager, Application Development and Maintenance.
- Handle software applications development, testing and implementation of projects
- Troubleshoot and fix compilation or script issues in various projects
- Support Project Management through planning, monitoring & delivery phases
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve development constraints and deployment issues
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures
- Maintains data standard and security measures through the implementation of information technology plans, policies, and standards
- Support application health and stability
- Perform system monitoring and analysis and provide support and guidance in troubleshooting and resolving incidents or delivering services request
- Support ensuing a secure and reliable application platform environment developing system access controls, monitoring; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; ensuring back-ups; maintaining documentation
- Keep professional knowledge updates with participation in professional education opportunities
- Ensure the application platforms are operating within the defined SDLC, ITIL and Cyber risk frameworks as defined by the organization
- Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals
- Support Planning and monitoring processes
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes
- Ensure stability and performance of the applications and tools
- Collaborate with manufacturers, integrators, development and testing teams to design a flexible and scalable support model
- Help in the development and support of a community of platform subscriber to support the strategy, educate and improve user skills, and drive common adoption of best practices
- Review and analyze data from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate analysis results and make recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts
- Participate on agile teams
- Ensure alignment and compliance with internal IT standards related to operations, quality and security
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 6-8 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company
- Specific experience in supporting Safety, Security, Legal, CRE and or SAP/Ariba software platforms is a significant benefit
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.