Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Crew Productivity Manager is accountable to lead attendance programs and processes, ensuring consistent application up to and including individual case handling and outcomes in order to reduce absenteeism, identify misuse of programs, reduce overall costs and achieve targets.
- Manage, monitor and co-ordinate various activities and processes to achieve excellence in the areas of attendance
- Lead the development and enhancement of all attendance programs and processes.
- Promote healthy and productive workforce initiatives
- Lead, motivate and coach Cabin Crew; provide constructive feedback, action plans, yearly goals and objectives.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve attendance problems with a results oriented approach to increasing overall reliability of employees.
- Identify employees who are abusing attendance programs and provide coaching and counseling in an effort to reduce absenteeism levels and overall costs.
- Proactively manage WCB and GDIP employee files focusing on individual’s safe and early return to work.
- Regularly review cases and files – contest and negotiate decisions as appropriate.
- Extract and analyze daily absenteeism reports in order to identify pattern absenteeism, travel while on book off status, no sick time remaining, and follow up with corrective action as required.
- Analyze and challenge existing processes in an effort to make continuous improvements.
- Uphold positive relationships with Operational Management and Workforce Management engaging in two-way feedback, co-sharing of initiatives, concerns and Company directives
- Continuously communicate and strengthen relationships with outside departments (i.e. OHS, Wellness, Claims etc).
- Ensure consistent application of all policies and processes (i.e. medical note substantiation handling etc)
- Ensure provisions of the Official Languages Act are applied to the daily work environment as required
- Manager the IMMS program for Cabin Crew employees.
- Maintain appropriate and thorough documentation of all files.
- Strong employee focus; treating all employees with professionalism and care
- Genuine desire to contribute to the betterment of Air Canada
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility
- Ability to respond quickly to situations and seize opportunities
- Able to influence, convince and create mutually acceptable solutions in the context of conflicts
- Sound knowledge of team building/ leading a team
- Possess an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation
- Exhibit leadership qualities which elicit trust in employees and demonstrate leadership judgment
- Airline experience, with specific knowledge of In-Flight Service
- Practical experience in attendance management, programs and cost savings
- A good working knowledge of Corporate Absenteeism Management Programs
- Experience in managing a unionized workforce and ideally has knowledge of current IFS Collective Agreement
- Requires moderate expertise of In-Flight Service procedures, programs, technology, principles, theories, and/or ideas
- Requires knowledge of Peoplesoft, Netline, CAMS, and Shepell Absence Support Management
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.