Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is amid a data-driven digital transformation effort and are looking for a Senior Developer, Data and Analytics – Business Intelligence to join the Enterprise Data & Analytics team. The Senior Developer, Data and Analytics – Business Intelligence will work collaboratively with business colleagues to create and manage self-service BI solutions. In this role, you should have a background in data, reporting, and business analysis. You should excel working with others, be analytical, an excellent problem solver, a natural communicator, and have the business acumen to see the big picture of the solutions you are providing.
This position will be reporting to Manager, Data & Analytics
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure all business requirements are developed and clearly communicated
- Develop code that is reusable, easily testable and highly efficient
- Analyze and resolve technical and applications issues
- Adhere to the quality objectives and engineering best practices, perform complete unit and integration testing, code reviews, secure coding standard, and deliver complete documentation
- Play an active role in projects-related activities such as sprint planning, daily scrum meeting, sprint review
- Work with the team and cross-team members to design, develop, debug and release and deploy production quality products
- Design, build and prioritize test strategies, plans and scripts
- Develop pre-test checklist to ensure environment is ready for test execution
- Execute assigned test cases and ensure that they provide the expected results (when required)
- Document anomalies and assist developers in corrective actions
- Track and retest anomalies based on feedback or new releases
- Assist with preparation and coordination of test plans
- Actively contribute to the continuous enhancement of the team by bringing new ideas and solutions on how to ameliorate the applications, the processes, the delivery, the communication, etc.
- Work with IT and business units to design, build and deploy self-service BI solutions
- Develop and optimize reports and dashboards using a MAD design framework with a focus on usability and performance
- Create mock-up reports for proof of concept reviews
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Conduct solution testing and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with internal and external colleagues on special projects
- Provide training, mentoring, support and advice to business units on their self-service BI development
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 6-8 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company
- Certifications in Big Data Hadoop, Data Management and Analytics, Data Science, Business Intelligence
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in a similar role in an IT team or BI environment
- Experience with BI technologies, reporting and visualizations tools
- Experience with Data warehousing design methodologies
- Experience translating business requirements and into BI solutions
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
- Hands-on work experience with Microsoft Power BI: designing, developing and implementing dashboard and reporting solutions
- Experience creating custom visualizations in Power BI
- Experience using DAX Data Analysis expressions and functions
- Experience configuring Administering Power BI environments and gateways
- Experience using a MAD design framework, and other development best practices
- Experience with Azure data technologies: Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake
- Experience with Python, SAS and/or R language
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.