Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is adapting its service delivery model to in-source key technical and delivery. Driving maturity in this area will require collaboration with Air Canada’s Strategic Procurement team as well as a strong understanding of the external service providers landscape. This role is accountable for managing the overall delivery performance of the partner landscape to assure value spent is value accrued.
Elevate and manage the client / vendor relationship to one of a strategic partnership in delivering on the overall mandate of the IT branch. Further, the design of the relationship needs to allow for a standardized approach to performance management and an alignment with the market on the commercial construct of agreements.
This position reports to the Director, IT Partner Performance. The individual will be responsible for the planning and implementation of Air Canada’s IT Contingent workforce planning required to manage processes and programs for the engagement and oversight of contingent workers (non-employees).
The individual is accountable for developing, implementing and controlling cross-functional business processes related to IT services, operationalizing new contracts and ensuring a mechanism is in place for the day to day management of partner relationships.
- Develop IT partner strategy based on partner segmentation, performance outcomes, and relationship and cost objectives
- Ensure successful administration of bidding process for Air Canada by sourcing, administering and leading competitive processes and vendor negotiations, providing subject matter expertise throughout the bid process, by collaborating with Strategic Procurement
- Build, plan, coordinate and oversee activities related to the management and onboarding of IT professional services and contingent workforce planning .
- Develop the strategy for IT contingent workforce acquisition, define the standards and measures of success.
- Optimize our technology solutions, vendor effectiveness, and hold vendors accountable to ensure effective delivery.
- Interface/liaise regularly with other Air Canada branches and act as the bridge to external IT partners
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to collect and use information for improved operational performance
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes
- Support the business initiatives, while making sure any IT specific risk introduced is properly managed
- Identify IT risks, communicate and develop “best practice” solutions, and implement mitigating controls consistent with company strategy
- Introduce new processes and technologies and ensure that gaps in the aforementioned items are identified and addressed ahead of time,
- Implement and manage governance around business partner/security management both internally and externally
- Supporting the leadership team on strategic initiatives specific to the respective portfolio
A relevant University degree/technical certifications and/or relevant experience
Minimum 9 years experience in a similar function
5+ years of relevant professional experience with responsibility for Contingent Workforce Strategy (Contingent workforce, policy/program development, compliance, vendor screening programs, risk management, or human resources experience)
Experience leading the change management for large-scale initiatives
Experience developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
A self starter with critical thinking, analytical approach, business acumen and decision making
Bring a sense of urgency, customer advocacy and drive for results
Strong communication skills both written and verbal
A team player and proven leader with excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude
Relevant project execution experience, especially regarding vendor execution
Experience with out-sourcing partners is critical
Familiarity with the airline industry is an asset, and transportation/logistics background is also an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.