Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This is a position within the Core Infrastructure and Cloud Services team interacting with the Air Canada business, other IT teams, primary vendors and service providers to fulfill our mandate to Develop and manage all Data Centre Infrastructure and Cloud infrastructure strategies and solutions for Air Canada’s enterprise infrastructure. Air Canada is undergoing a major transformation to a digital organization with the network being a critical underpinning service. This individual requires collaboration with a broad range of groups, both within the company and with many external IT and business partners. The individual will contribute to the execution of our strategy and will contribute to the design, and the delivery and management of the Core Infrastructure and Cloud Services.
This position will be reporting to the Director, Core Infrastructure and Cloud Services
- Ensure Data Center Infrastructure and Cloud operations are in alignment with Air Canada’s business goals and objectives
- Develop and plan strategy, policy and service delivery framework for the Air Canada Infrastructure and Cloud solutions and services
- Establish standards for storage and compute infrastructure and ensure their performance across all system design, development and maintenance activities
- Support the problem, defect, and incident management processes for seamless operations of Infrastructure and Cloud platforms
- Support the production release management process by managing and participating in deployments and any necessary production regression tests
- Support in delivering evidence of Infrastructure and Cloud compliance to audit requests
- Develop and measure performance and functional metrics for all distributed service environments: internally hosted Data Center and Cloud-based
- Manage vendor’s responsible for delivery of the services in the respective Infrastructure area
- Responsible for providing technical direction necessary to design, develop, implement, debug, document and support Air Canada’s technology systems
- Define development and testing best practices to be followed in developing and maintenance of Air Canada’s technology systems
- Analyze solution requirements to develop and test the functional and/or technical design of a solution and serve as a liaison and subject matter expert on technology matters
- Participate in all Scrum time boxed activities and ceremonies
- Undertake technical feasibility assessments of proposed solutions based on current technology constraints
- Maintain expert working knowledge of current state software development tools and methods, software testing methodologies, and research emerging technology trends
- Manage all cycles of development and testing, including, planning, architecture, implementation, QA, and operations; work to continuously improve software development processes
- Define and enforce technical standards for quality, maintainability, scalability, availability, and security
- Participate in business planning, product roadmaps, and business strategy discussions. Collaborate with management and stakeholders to define priorities for features and releases
- Oversee development and testing of new features and ensure the optimization of existing ones to drive maximum performance
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 9-12 years of IT technology
- Expert knowledge of storage area networks and convergence technologies
- Expert knowledge of server infrastructure architecture in a multiple technology or IT discipline environment
- Experience in virtualization technologies, Linux/Unix OS systems administration and Microsoft Windows environments
- Experience with Cloud Technologies Azure and AWS.
- Project Management Skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in a non-technical manner
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.