Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to: Customer Sales & Service Coordinator - Dangerous Goods
Location: Air Canada Cargo Terminal, London Heathrow Airport
Hours of work: The Department is open 7 days per week between the hours of Monday – Sunday 05:00-17:00, therefore shift work is applicable
This role is responsible for serving and processing all Air Canada Cargo Dangerous Goods shipments and Unit Load Device (ULD) control. The role includes liaising with Air Canada Cargo Operations, Customer Service Unit, Warehouse personnel, Sales, Headquarters and external third parties. The role is additionally responsible for ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements for Air Canada Customers, both on all Dangerous Goods Cargo and ULD processes.
- Checking all dangerous goods shipments ensuring the documentation is correct and the shipment is safe to travel; completion of the Notification to Captain (NOTOC) and airwaybill entries for those shipments
- Attend bi-annual Dangerous Goods acceptance refresher course
- Checking both inbound and outbound ULD inventories ensuring the LHR equipment stocks are at the correct operational levels
- Ensure Uniload disposition is followed and implemented for LHR and all stations under LHR responsibility
- Liaise with Ramp / Baggage operations regarding ULD stock levels, also with Menzies trucking for movement of empty containers
- Processing of ULD receipts and to liaise with customers to ensure prompt return of on-loan equipment
- Conduct daily ULD inventory check
- Monitor ‘AC Cool’ containers whilst on station
- Stock control of warehouse equipment, stationery and other items such as spreader boards, straps, gloves, etc.
- Processing of invoice codes for payment of invoices
- Ensure familiarity with current cargo rules and regulations
- Participate in briefings/meetings & contribute in decision making process to support recommendations or changes to current procedures
- Maintain good housekeeping, report un-serviceability of equipment to Coordinators
- Always apply safety and security standards
- Forklift Competent (Training Given)
- Previous Cargo and Dangerous Goods experience an advantage
- Good computer skills with a high level of accuracy
- Good verbal and written skills
- Must be a team player and represent Air Canada in a professional manner
- Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative, with a flexible attitude and willingness to make decisions for the benefit of both Air Canada Cargo and our Customers
- Ability to work under pressure, plan workload and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standard
- Ability to access the AC Aeronet and independently research the AC and Dangerous Goods publications to determine Company procedures and processes
- Required to wear PPE in designated high-risk areas
- Must have the ability to work in the United Kingdom without restriction
- Experience of Weblynx and Microsoft Office suite would be an advantage
- DfT Security trained
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.