Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Sales Communications, this position is responsible for developing the B2B sales communications marketing and support strategy to drive revenue growth. This role will oversee the development and implementation of sales policy and promotional communications strategies designed to stimulate sales for new and existing products and position the brand and awareness to the influential travel trade community.
This position will work as the senior lead representing B2B Sales Marketing Communications. It is a critical collaboration position working with our Senior Global Sales Directors, requiring the perfect mix of strategic thinking, leadership, execution, organizational and management skills to drive incremental revenue within our commercial business.
- Lead the development of clear business objectives to effectively integrate B2B sales marketing strategies and brand standards that are expertly aligned
- Provide direction, development and leadership to a team of 4 sales communications managers who produce and execute content, campaign activity and sales communications assets in support of corporate and commercial objectives, ensuring messaging is tailored to specific target and that relevant tactics are selected.
- Oversee the production of all Sales Marketing creative material (content and design) produced by Sales Communications managers.
- Develop the positioning and messaging for our B2B programs and content, with detailed go-to-market strategies for Air Canada’s B2B targets (Agents, Travel Agencies, Corporate) etc)
- Create impactful, go-to-market B2B marketing strategies, plans and materials to support our sales process including development of marketing programs, campaigns, support collateral, standard industry presentations, storytelling, PR, to foster industry reputation and acquire new business, ensuring consistent 360 degree messaging
- Drive strategy and marketing roadmaps by evaluating sales and corporate promotional opportunities that maximize the Air Canada product and network awareness and generate revenue through B2B channels.
- Provide B2B Sales Communications Marketing guidance and counsel to all levels within the organization
- Translate commercial business inputs from Global Sales, Network, RM into sales-oriented material and content for use through relevant B2B sales channels and by the Global Sales team including but not limited to brochures, flat sheets, ads, social selling, email, digital acquisition, events, trade shows, etc.
- Own and manage the B2B marketing budget
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify key business needs and opportunities and define competitive risks
- Perform pre and post analysis on impact of marketing initiatives to business growth targets
- Think strategically and contribute to new ideas and best practices based on key industry trends and assist the selling process with an insights driven approach to solutions
- Actively monitor market trends and competitor activities
- Develop and prioritize sales tools with the sales organization and assist with the creation of assets to support sales organization that include (but not limited to): POS, sales sheets, ‘how-to-sell-to’ guides, sales presentations, new product launch materials, etc
- Develop strong, cross-functional, cooperative working relationships with internal teams and external partners
- Evaluate the delivery of all communication plans. Ensure alignment with the other sales channels
- Explore, research, investigate the use of new media to correspond with travel agencies and corporate accounts
- Ensure all B2B communication and outputs adheres to established corporate branding and image guidelines
- Manage external service providers and agencies, overseeing projects, bills, etc for assigned projects and initiatives within portfolio
- University degree in Business, Marketing or Communications or equivalent and minimum of 5+ years relevant B2B Sales Marketing experience
- Strong skills across a broad range of marketing communications disciplines in the B2B category including B2B campaign management, collateral development and production, email marketing, social marketing, online marketing, events
- Solid balance between strategic thinking and executional know how- can define a clear strategy based on insights & analytics, and bring it to life via hands-on execution
- Strong business acumen with the ability to lead and influence focused support plans that will make the most scalable impact for the business
- Superb relationship management, problem solving and project management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail with an ability to navigate in the grey and ask the right questions to determine best solutions/next steps.
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation and influencing skills in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to implement and manage timelines, budgets, projects and resources in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills, the ability to work autonomously, while maintaining strong team spirit and leadership of staff and can mobilize a team to action
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) - Exceptional editing skills
- Passion, understanding, and experience within the airline or travel industry is an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours as required
- Bilingual (English and French) an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.