Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada sponsors 8 defined benefit pension plans. The plans' assets are managed by Trans-Canada Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of Air Canada and are held in a diversified portfolio of traditional asset classes (bonds and stocks), alternative investments (derivatives, infrastructure, private equity and real estate) and portable alpha strategies (hedge funds and tactical asset allocation) worth over $20B. The assets are invested by internal and external managers. The Investment’s team of 57 professionals is located in downtown Montreal.
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President, Equity and Alternative Investments of Trans-Canada Capital (TCC), the incumbent will contribute to manage client relationships and support business development activities whenever required.
- Build strong institutional client relationships (Pension funds Foundations, Endowments and Consultants) and act as a point of contact between prospects, clients and internal teams for all TCC strategies
- Develop investor presentations of TCC’s investment strategies and solutions to support institutional business development and client servicing activities
- Develop a thorough understanding of prospects and clients' needs and requirements and prepare customized solutions
- Participate in preparing responses for RFP, questions from prospective and existing clients
- Participate in managing consultant relationships by completing and updating their databases with TCC investment strategies
- Onboarding and negotiating contracts with clients
- Work with legal counsel and compliance department to ensure compliance on regulatory matters with respect to client relationships and business development
- Responsible for overseeing and managing quarterly investor and conference calls
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of new members of the business development and client servicing teams
- Providing regular client feedback and market research knowledge to TCC senior management
The position is based in downtown Montreal.
- University graduate degree in business, finance or other related field
- Additional qualifications such as CFA and CAIA, designations is an asset
- Seven (7) or more years of experience dealing with investors and a strong track record of creating positive relations with the investor community
- Experience in hedge fund, alternative investments and Fixed Income & LDI under an institutional environment
- Strong understanding of Canadian regulations and securities disclosure requirements, as well as filing requirements
- Strong ability to prepare client ready professional presentations and reports
- Strong understanding of macroeconomics, capital markets trends, competitor activities, industry dynamics
- A professional who is also entrepreneurial, and has a client-minded focus
- Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment, and be able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to understand client needs and handle the negotiation process
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fully bilingual (French/English)
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Free to travel from time to time
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.