Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Senior Director - Financial Reporting, the Manager, Corporate Reporting has the overall responsibility to:
- Manage the production and delivery of the annual and quarterly management’s discussion and analysis of results (“MD&A”) in compliance with regulatory disclosure requirements
- Support preparation of the monthly results review packages (versus budget and last year) including the presentation of monthly financial results to numerous key internal participants; and
- Oversee monthly financial reports to the Board (versus budget and last year)
- Prepare various analyses to support all internal management and external reporting requirements, including the complete MD&A analysis, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow analysis; acting as the interface between accounting / Investor Relations / and the Legal team for production of meaningful financial commentary.
- Manage and support preparation of the monthly management reporting package which provides financial and statistical information on the company’s financial performance comparing actual results to budgets, outlooks, and previous years;
- Challenge inputs from the Branch Financial Officers when preparing the monthly results review package and other financial information in order to ensure the accuracy, validity and depth of the analysis provided;
- Actively support the production of prospectuses, offering memorandums, notes to financial statements, bankers’ presentations, etc.
- Provide analysis and support of business planning activities.
- Ensure that effective internal corporate reporting processes, systems and discipline are in place in order to sharpen organizational focus, provide new insights into key performance drivers, promote accountability and control, facilitate benchmarking of company performance and maintain reliability and timeliness of disclosures.
- Manage the Corporation’s disclosure controls as required under securities regulation (NI 52-109). Ensure compliance with disclosure rules and policies from Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) and keep informed of current and proposed accounting policies, financial reporting requirements and new and proposed disclosure rules and policies.
- Assist in the development of internal and external presentations on the results of operations, key financial metrics and industry trends, including all pertinent back- up information;
- Partner with the Corporate Communications and Investor Relations groups in order to produce and publish annual reports and to produce quarterly financial narratives for Horizons;
- Develop and maintain a very high level of proficiency in the use of financial systems, in particular HFM Analyzer, and actively participate in the development/enhancement of such financial systems;
- Research, review and maintain competitive intelligence documents for benchmarking purposes (including airline public disclosure documents, proposed accounting policies, financial reporting requirements, policies from the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA), etc.);
- Assist the Investor Relations team in the production and editing of the company’s earnings releases, analyst call scripts, presentations for investor conferences, and other (including Q&As for management, briefing material and slides);
- Ensure corporate financial reporting tools and processes are maintained and updated, as required, to support the ongoing and future disclosure needs of the Corporation.
- Proofread and edit internal and external disclosure documents to ensure all financial and statistical information disclosed therein is accurate;
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) / or Chartered Financial Analyst designation required
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Detail-oriented with the ability to self-edit
- Strong organizational skills
- Sense of urgency to meet tight timelines under pressure
- Demonstrated diplomacy and autonomy
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Bloomberg and internal financial systems such as Hyperion/HFM Analyzer
- Knowledge of filing requirements for Canadian publicly-traded company
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.