Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Vice President, Airports North America, the Director, Customer Experience Excellence and Innovation is an integral member of the Airports senior leadership team. This Champion of the Customer Experience AOP is responsible to elevate the Air Canada customer experience to world class levels. Their responsibilities range from long term strategic planning to oversight of operational delivery. The incumbent will work with both the North American and the International Airports teams providing leadership in strategic thinking and creativity. They will possess an innate passion for innovation and problem solving regarding the customer experience.
- Enhance and strengthen Air Canada’s overall relationship with our customers
- Cultivate people and best practices that deliver a progressively extraordinary customer experience
- Strategically lead meaningful continuous improvements in delivering a safe, smooth and excellent customer experience
- Become a key stakeholder in Air Canada’s top ten global airline vision
- Embed successful change management projects throughout the operation
- Strengthen the current culture using methods that support Air Canada’s Flight Path
- Increase the level of focus on global airport operations and its impact on the customer experience within all airport operations worldwide
- Assemble all necessary inputs from key stakeholders, develop a comprehensive and qualitative plan for short/medium/long term customer experience strategies and tactics built on analysis that include:
- Evaluation of current customer experience pain points, inefficiencies, and gaps
- Evaluation of the quality of our interactions with our customers
- The voice of the customer - including needs not met, points of frustration, disappointments
- The voice of our employees - including operational challenges, roadblocks to the successful delivery of an exceptional customer experience
- Financial and benefit analysis where investment is required
- This scope includes both the human and empathetic elements of customer service delivery, such as quality of interactions, as well as the practical and operational elements like process efficiency at key customer journey touchpoints
- Acquire resources from around the company to generate all necessary inputs to develop an informed Customer Experience strategy
- Develop plans to leverage a wide range of employees to support implementation and embody excellence in customer experience strategies
- Act as a business owner, lead and drive successful implementation of key customer experience initiatives, from beginning to end and ensure the implemented initiatives are set up to be properly sustained
- Lead the customer experience strategy through a strong business knowledge that balances operational realities with insight into customers’ needs
- Identify new tools and technologies to better serve the customer; provide required support for technology or marketing projects that focus on the airport customer experience
- Seek input, contribution, and alignment from key stakeholders from around the organization in the generation of new product ideas and proposals
- Communicate regularly and broadly across the organization, from the front line through to executive management, in order to mobilize engagement, enthusiasm, knowledge, and alignment of key initiatives
- Act as the business owner, when required, for key technology or marketing projects that support the airport customer experience, including the articulation of business requirements and project implementation
- Present project ideas to executive management, seek approval for execution and launch
- Partner with operational leaders, develop and maintain a strong understanding of the airport operation
- Continuously collaborate on a cross functional basis with all operational branches as well as IT, Ecommerce, Corporate Real Estate, Sales, Alliances, Marketing, etc.
- Steer research activities as required
- Customer satisfaction
- Market share
- Operational efficiency metrics (i.e. OTP, Baggage Handling, FTE per aircraft, etc.)
- Contributions to cost savings
- Contributions to revenue growth
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated track record of operational leadership experience at an airline or other customer-oriented business
- Strong bias towards action; accountable and results oriented
- Ability to thrive in fast moving and highly complex environments
- Excellence in consumer centric strategic and creative thinking
- Experience generating, evaluating and testing change concepts
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology
- Superior ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Strong and disciplined management skills
- Bilingualism an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.