Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Whether assisting our guests at check-in or gate locations, our Customer Service Agents play an important role in ensuring that our flights are ready for a secure and on-time departure.
This is a temporary, part-time position.Conduct customer check-in.
- Assist customers at the ticket desk
- Handle customer queries at check-in, ticket desk and gate desk
- Support customers with special needs
- Assist pre-boarding customers and provide information on flight schedules and routes.
- Act as Ground Hosts and Hostesses.
- Provide any other general and administrative tasks as it pertains to baggage claims and baggage tracing.
- Process, evaluate, investigate & resolve baggage claims related to interim expenses for delayed, damaged or lost baggage and communicate directly with the passenger by phone and/or writing as well as monitoring claim in a timely manner.
- Communicate with security services insurance companies and crime prevention authorities as required to monitor and investigate fraudulent claims
- Liaise with repair shops, monitor standard of service and costs and authorize replacement of luggage/mobility devices when necessary.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and proficiency of applicable airline tariff regulations pertaining to baggage
- Strong customer focus gained through previous customer service experience. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills combined with a strong commitment to teamwork.
- Proven problem resolution skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Accustomed to working within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures while ensuring Safety First at all times.
- Available for shift work - early mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- High school diploma or academic equivalent.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Databases, Powerpoint, Access)
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs (ie: Worldtracer)
- Previous experience in Lost Luggage and Baggage Tracing departments is an asset.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with an ability to adapt quickly to new processes.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Brazil.
Bilingual (linguistic fluency in Portuguese and in English); French will be considered an asset.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.