Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Interline revenues account for over 2.5 billion of Air Canada’s network. With over 100 airline partners, the mission of the interline manager is to effectively manage AC’s existing partnerships to maximize revenues, lower costs and improve customer experience. Interline manager collaborates with revenue management, network planning and alliances branches to support Air Canada’s global vision to become an international powerhouse and facilitates access to destinations we can’t reach on our own by negotiating network and prorate deals with partner airlines and by contributing to current and future joint venture initiatives.
- Develop and negotiate the prorate proposals that maximize Air Canada’s revenue potential.
- Liaise with the Alliances branch to strategize and prioritize interline relationships
- Collaborate and support revenue management teams to reach AC’s corporate revenue targets
- Evaluate the Sales Incentive Agreements and Interline Sales Commissions with other carriers including Star partners which support the corporate vision to reduce costs
- Lead all the review, financial evaluation and strategy phases for new and existing Interline Agreements
- Lead discussions and solve issues with all commercial and operational divisions, (such as Sales, Revenue Accounting, International, Customer Services, Call Centers, Corporate Communications and Rouge, Jazz& Sky Regional Airlines) in order to successfully implement revised/new interline strategies.
- Liaise with IATA for the future of interline support
- Lead the implementation of new interline electronic ticketing agreements (IETs). Implementation includes working with Product Distribution and IT to solve, to test and implement all procedures surrounding the issuance of a ticket with the new carrier in question.
- Work in conjunction with revenue accounting to resolve any billing disputes involving other carriers.
- Provide direction and support to the field (i.e. sales, airports) and other internal customers with interpretation and application of Interline contracts.
- Master the various MI tools to formulate all analysis required
- Participate in the development and enhancement of the various reporting tools used for interline analysis.
- Pursue innovation in interline and keep up to date with new developments in the industry
- Stay up to date with IATA resolutions and changes to industry standards involving passenger air travel
- University degree required. Studies in economics, accounting, business or statistics would be an asset
- Good understanding and passion for the airline industry in general, is an asset
- Solid business/commercial orientation and minimum 3 years of professional experience
- Revenue management, network planning or another commercial airline experience preferred
- Good understanding of Air Canada's internal systems and processes is an asset
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and to prioritize heavy workloads with tight deadlines
- Ability to work under general direction
- Ability to work with numerous culture differences and use much diplomacy when dealing with other airlines and dignitaries etc.
- Strong analytical, leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work accurately at micro levels of detail while summarizing the issues at a macro level
- Analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to be precise with numbers
- Advanced knowledge of computers, Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications. Knowledge of Access is an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.