Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Block Times Analyst is responsible for supporting and creating efficiencies in a growing network planning operation. The main functions of this individual will be to create block times for every city-pair and flight in the Air Canada network by representing the business in identifying patterns and analyzing historical and seasonal data, coming up with innovative solutions by working with the Operation and Commercial branches as well as reporting out on behalf of the business. Individuals must be self-motivated with a concentration on problem solving, communication and attention to detail.
- Analyze historic block times for all flights in the Air Canada system, make adjustments to bring them in line with Air Canada’s operational strategy and introduce seasonal variation where statistically justified.
- Provide guidance to the Schedulers as they design schedules for all Air Canada family carriers to achieve maximum network profitability
- Ensure we meet or exceed each carriers’ operational KPIs.
- Provide guidance and leadership within Network Planning branch, including Scheduling, Network Planning and Network Strategy with matters pertaining to assigned markets
- Act as Network Planning’s point person in liaison with Operations
- Assist with developing strategies and scenarios for network and fleet optimization
- Create and maintain business documents related to Block Times policies and procedures.
- 3 to 5 years of solid working knowledge of airline operations
- Flexible attitude, ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks, and perform under pressure
- Demonstrates ability to make effective decisions with imperfect information
- Ability to understand financial implications of operational decisions to develop cost benefit studies
- Strong analytical background, with a degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics an asset
- Knowledge of markets, airline experience, including operational and commercial knowledge with a high-level understanding of airline schedule concepts
- Previous experience with commercial analysis, preferably in the airline industry
- Strong analytic skills with ability to conduct complex network modeling and financial analysis
- Strategic thinker with strong unstructured problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and short deadlines
- High degree of creativity, innovation and resourcefulness
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Undisputed integrity, personal, and business ethics; ability to build trust and respect with different stakeholder groups
- Core scheduling experience, including knowledge of Schedule Manager software an asset
- Excellent MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint experience – Visio and MS Projects an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.