Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Responsible for supporting the Operational Control Managers (OCM) to ensure delivery of an optimized day of flight schedule. Provide detailed flight specific customer analysis to offer guidance in operational decision making. Accountable for identifying customer impacts and ensuring these are minimized in operational recovery initiatives. Serve as passenger advocate in the decision-making process.
- Serve as the primary gateway into SOC on matters of customer service and passenger movement. Screen requests and set priorities for action by the OCM and team.
- Coordinate within the Planning Unit additional flying, diversions and other special operations to protect and enhance the customer experience.
- Identify and protect mission critical flying. (On Time Performance objectives, Crew duty day etc.)
- Provide flight specific customer analysis (groups, priority passengers, etc.) in support of day of flight aircraft plans and assignments.
- Coordinate with operational stakeholders on the passenger re-accommodation process by identifying affected flights, protection opportunities and assigning action as required.
- Ensure irregular operations and customer information is communicated to key operational stakeholders (airports and call centres.)
- Track and log data relevant to effective customer service management as defined by the Manager Passenger Movement.
- Provide continuous feedback to the Manager Passenger Movement to continuously improve the effectiveness of the passenger movement function.
- Accountable for initiation and oversight of the Emergency Response lock-out process.
- Monitor valid day-of-flight opportunities, constraints and recovery options from the Operating Branches to ensure that Customer impact and down line implications are considered in the decision making process.
- Provide shift coverage as required for the Manager, Passenger Movement, to ensure the function is staffed.
- Ability to work different shift patterns, including weekends, and holidays.
- Minimum two years Customer Service experience preferably with an airline.
- Knowledge in RES III, Microsoft, and Communicator applications is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Fundamental understanding of Airline operations, within a Network carrier an asset.
- Sound understanding of passenger accommodation, and protection.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.