Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
IT Strategy, Planning and Performance is a critical part of the IT Shared Services organization working closely with executives and senior leaders across the Air Canada IT organization. The Strategy, Planning and Performance team drives the development and fulfillment of the IT Strategic Plan and the development of a highly performing and effective IT organization that delivers on business results.
The Analyst, IT Strategy, Planning and Performance plays a role in the development, optimization and standardization of processes, governance, planning, and reporting across Air Canada’s IT organization ensuring alignment with IT strategy, priority and business objectives. The role also supports the development and execution of Air Canada’ IT strategy.
Reporting to the Director, IT Strategy, Planning and Performance the Analyst is a member of a highly strategic team and will be exposed to all aspects of the IT Organization and have the opportunity to work on a variety of challenges to deliver improvements to IT Service Delivery.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to collect and analyze information for improved business and operational performance
- Review, compile, analyze and report on data from multiple internal and external stakeholders and sources
- Create and update presentations for internal and external audiences
- Communicate analysis results and make recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Support creation business cases, financial analysis and funding requests
- Support planning and monitoring of cross functional IT processes
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues for key business decisions
- Support definition, documentation and maintenance of methods and techniques to improve business processes
Management and Executive Reporting:
- Create regular management, executive and board reporting material and presentations in support of tracking and reporting of IT branch performance, and key IT initiatives and deliverables
- Create CIO presentations for internal and external audiences
IT Performance and Benchmarking:
- Produce IT branch balanced scorecards and established KPIs
- Support continuous performance improvement activities including the benchmarking of IT performance and costs to other companies/industries
- Track and report on performance improvement targets and objectives
- Support annual IT branch budget development and regular reporting of budget performance working in collaboration with Finance and cross-functional IT teams
- Track and manage IT funding requests and support funding approval process
IT Strategy and Governance
- Support implementation of strategy to drive improvements to IT service delivery
- Document and maintain catalogue of IT Business Processes
- Organizing IT governance meetings, establishing agenda, keeping minutes and tracking and reporting on action items
- 3-5 years’ experience in strategy, finance, change management, process improvement or consulting in a large company or a management consulting firm
- A university degree in business, engineering or other relevant discipline
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Outstanding skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- ITIL V3 and COBIT certification desired
- Proci, PMP, Six Sigma or BA certification a plus
- Driven and results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to synthesize information and create reports, presentations and communications tailored to different audience
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles in different geographical/office locations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships at different levels within the organization
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.