Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
To provide overall system, application, communication and technology support. This will include 24 x 7 x 365 on site support, at Toronto Pearson Airport. Assist with the implementation of technologies and communication tools supporting the Airline’s operations. Provide technological support to maximize operational integrity, performance and safety. In addition, act as the single point of contact representing Air Canada Operations IT for Major Incidents involving Air Canada operations and/or operational systems.
- Ensure adherence to defined organizational processes for continued consistency of IT services delivery
- Act as first point of contact into IT organization
- Promote use of self service and review service catalogue to reduce service cost & enhance user experience
- Bring in operational efficiency in service desk management by reducing ticket volumes through root case analysis, periodic reviews and process improvements
- Collaborate in conducting end user surveys and create action plans, as required
- Manage Vendors that support End User and Service Desk support
- Monitor critical systems, and support resolution of critical/non-critical incidents
- Developing and establishing digital workplace and device strategy to drive workplace collaboration, optimal device imaging and support for international operations, for all devices including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, airport devices, field devices, etc.
- Work closely with OC, Airport Operational and IT Teams to collect and use information for improved operational performance
- Reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts
- Triage and Testing of Air Canada hardware, both stationary and mobile
- Support hardware repair RMA processes
- Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals
- Conduct requirement and systems analysis and translate business requirements
- Participate on agile teams
- Support in creating business cases
- Support Planning and monitoring processes
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes
- 3-5 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company
- ITIL Practitioner or Intermediate Level certification, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate on Windows
- Experience in IOS and Android OS troubleshooting and configuration in a large corporate setting an asset
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Strong knowledge of Air Canada information technology platforms and applications
- Strong knowledge of mobility strategies, tools, devices and functionality
- Working knowledge of MS InTune and/or SOTI MobiControl or other MDM
- IT related education and/or technological background (programming, infrastructure management, etc.) an asset
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities that are driven by operational corporate requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under extreme pressure and a sense of urgency
- Highly flexible and adaptable to a continually changing environment
- Strong ability to be self-starter, independent learner, and team player
- Ability to lead under urgent and high-pressure situations
- Ability to work in a team environment towards a common goal/objective
- Ability for shift work as required
- Ability to travel as required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.