Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Director, Crew Administration, the Crew Pay Analyst will be responsible to analyze crew pay and crewcycle expenses to ensure contractual compliance, develop and maintain SOPs and document management to support the Pilot and Flight Attendant Crew Pay teams.
- Manage administrative aspect of the new Crew Pay System (CPS), EmpCenter
- Become SME on functionality.
- Provide training to new users.
- Manage support activities for crewmembers.
- Manage internal EmpCenter documentation for all groups, including crewmembers, and maintain directory in SmartDoc.
- Analyze business needs regarding updates and change requests and analytics requirements.
- Coordinate with Crew Analysis and Ops IT on configurable aspects in EmpCenter and/or NetLine
- Manage the Crew Pay team’s transactions/tickets in the vendor’s Customer Community – application for identifying system issues
- Participate in ongoing Crew Pay System project, including review of CPS Requirements and other documentation related to the future phases for Rouge pilots & flight attendants and mainline FAs.
- Develop and prepare, in collaboration with the Crew Payroll Project Team, Crew Scheduling, Crew Administration, Crew Pay, and Payrolls, use cases and test cases.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing for all future phases of the project.
- Design new reports to validate crew pay and crew cycle expenses and support financial reporting and budget preparation.
- Analyze reports and data to identify pay errors and issues. Follow-up accordingly with stakeholders and take corrective action.
- Analyze crew cycle expense submissions and reports to identify issues and trends, ensuring plan and actual expenses adhere to the collective agreements, particularly the AC-ACPA contract.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert on pilot crew cycle expenses by analyzing plan and actual expenses and working with AC & ACPA on system improvements.
- Manage the Crew Pay dashboard, which includes developing and maintaining SOPs for both crew pay and expense teams.
- Other duties as required to support Crew Pay and Crew Administration.
- University degree in business, accounting, or related field
- Strong analytical background with a knowledge of financial analysis techniques
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and databases, ability to learn financial and analytical applications/software, and working knowledge of Crew Systems, preferably NetLine
- Self-starter, energetic with strong sense of initiative and creativity
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to shift priorities and work under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work with others
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and must be available for flexible hours
- Previous experience working with collective agreements, such as the Air Canada/ACPA Collective Agreement or Air Canada/CUPE Collective Agreement, an asset
- Understanding of airline operations, an asset
- Bilingualism in English and French, an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.