Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Manager, Operational Efficiencies and Strategy is responsible for developing and implementing processes and tools to enhance organizational effectiveness for all operational branches reporting to the Senior VP Operations. This role supports the Senior VP Operations with the strategic business planning, with analysis to support decision making, development of senior-level communication materials and with cross-BU project management. This role is accountable for ensuring effective communication of perspectives, concerns and requirements between the Senior VP Operations and internal teams.
- Develop and implement structures, processes, evaluation methodologies and metrics to create efficient and effective business operations and to enhance business decision making.
- Make recommendations on how to increase efficiencies, in order to save money, reduce cycle times, and improve customer satisfaction; Assist in identifying cost savings opportunities.
- Organize appropriate business update meetings to ensure senior management understand cross-dependencies and are kept abreast of project progress and outcomes.
- Work with the operational senior leadership (ACM, Airports, SOC, Cabins, OE) to assist in defining the strategic vision that fosters an inclusive culture and produces efficient and measureable plans of action to meet yearly objectives. Ensure alignment with Air Canada long term strategic plan.
- Develop Risk and Issue Management Frameworks for executive reporting and implement mitigating actions to remove roadblocks.
- Direct budgetary review meetings and lead strategic planning meetings
- Oversee the Operational Management headcount monthly evolution. Ensure alignment with budgeted targets and identify risks and opportunities to the Sr VP Operations.
- Oversee the Cost Transformation activities/progress and work with the Finance team to track results on an ongoing basis, ensuring organizational objectives are met in a timely fashion.
- Develop business cases and program charters. Structure integrated projects and programs and design work streams to achieve expected business results, mobilize team to execute against project plans.
- Lead cross-functional projects when required; prioritize activities and develop work plan to achieve desired results.
- Ensure engagement and collaboration between the business units to support the business transformation, quantify and ensure sustainability of productivity gains.
- Review how the various departments interact, share information, deal with internal/ external customers, and team / cross – branch initiatives like pooling equipment, joint purchases of supplies or outside services.
- Interact with stakeholders at all levels, know intuitively how to best facilitate the relationship between various stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of cross department guidelines on how to perform duties and communicate better.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Management or a related field. Additional specialized education, including masters level degree or equivalent would be beneficial;
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills set, experience in analyzing, making and presenting business recommendations;
- Operational experience; working / general knowledge of maintenance, planning, scheduling and other operational areas;
- Relationship management experience across departments, developing relationships with and ensuring the appropriate participation of key stakeholders;
- Ability to assess business performance and provide advice and solutions around structures, workflows and process changes;
- Project management experience required, working in cross-functional and cross-team environment;
- Experience in project lifecycles from business case development to final delivery, oversight of project teams, project timelines, status reports, issues/risks lists, and deployment;
- Experience in departmental budgeting and financial accountability an asset;
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project;
- Superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills required in English and French;
- Extremely capable of establishing trust and credibility, acting with integrity and displaying diplomacy;
- Self-directed and well organized.
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.