Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Manager, Employee Communications – Operations, is responsible for the development and implementation of effective communication strategies and products to ensure employee understanding and engagement with Air Canada’s objectives, culture, initiatives, policies and procedures. The incumbent leads, develops and manages alignment strategies with our corporate messaging and goals.
- Develop, manage and lead communication strategies for various Operational branches.
- Work closely with all departments to provide full communications leadership (including development of communication plans, products, writing/editing etc.) for a variety of initiatives and programs, with varying degrees of complexity and duration.
- Develop strategies to improve communication efficiency and delivery and ensure that communications are aligned between departments and with Corporate messaging and goals.
- Counsel and support various VPs with strategies, content and messaging.
- Provide communications leadership, coaching and direction to other branch managers tasked with communicating operational information.
- Maintain strong working relationship with all Branch communicators to ensure consistency in messaging and tone, quality and timely exchange of information.
- Provide direction and manage strategic content development and logistics of branch presentations and communications activities such as roadshows.
- Manage presence and communications content on intranet.
- Coach managers in social media skills for internal social space (currently Yammer).
- Ensure that all branches are well-represented in all Corporate Employee Communications channels (Horizons, the Daily, Yammer)
- Bachelor degree in Communications an asset
- Outstanding English writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects and conflicting deadlines
- Highly strategic, able to identify the requirements of different audiences and craft messaging and channels based on these identified requirements
- Highly developed social media skills, experience and comfort level with other digital and electronic mediums such as webinars, live chats, video, etc.
- Must be very comfortable working with/providing guidance and feedback to senior executives
- Must work well under pressure
- Highly motivated, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, team player
- Knowledge of Word and Powerpoint, and all forms of electronic communication, including digital and social media.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.