Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Employee Planning and Deployment Manager is responsible for executing on all staffing processes, managing, coordinating and monitoring various activities and processes to achieve excellence in the areas of safety, operational and customer service standards.
- Lead our Resource Planning Coordinators to ensure effective staffing to deliver operational safety, a satisfying work environment and improved customer service quality for YYZ Cargo
- Optimize utilization across operations by making strategic staffing recommendations and decisions
- Proactively review and understand staffing position in order to provide meaningful insights on trends, forecast, opportunities for improvement, and identify areas of concern
- Understand how to pull together operational reports and provide interpretation and analysis
- Generate reports and liaise with the Operations team to proactively suggest ways to reduce costs and improve productivity
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve staffing issues with a results-oriented approach
- Assume local leadership, as assigned, for specific local initiatives for process & performance improvement within the Resource department.
- Maintain a solid understanding of staffing plan, pipeline and forecast in order to manage available resources and advise on future supply and demand
- Ensure data accuracy in all regards in our scheduling system
- Work with Resource Planning Coordinators to deploy unionized staff in a fast paced and dynamic Cargo environment. Effectively communicate to both internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in customer service
- Act as a coach for the employees, motivate and engage individuals and the team to build a positive and healthy working environment
- Develop daily staff rosters, including filling vacancies, reassigning staff, hiring overtime, managing under-time, and identifying exceptions
- Adjust staffing levels in response to operational changes
- Effectively plan and delegate daily work assignments for the Cargo unionized staff
- Manage and resolve employee issues that are escalated by Resource Planning Coordinators
- Play an influential role in nurturing a sense of ownership across the workforce, so that employees feel empowered to use their judgment and experience to make sound decisions
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility
- Ability to respond quickly to situations and seize opportunities
- Ability to influence, convince and create mutually acceptable solutions in the context of conflicts
- Possess an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation
- Exhibit leadership qualities which elicit trust in employees and demonstrate leadership judgment
- Strong knowledge and expertise in AC safety and service standards as well as labour relations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous operational experience is an asset
- Computer literate
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.