Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
- Responsible for guiding and leading the strategy for planning, architecture, design, development, documentation and implementation of the IT Enterprise Monitoring & Automation program
- Responsible for performance and availability monitoring of critical systems, and support resolution of critical/non-critical incidents with the IT Operations Centre
- Be the expert in the latest monitoring tools, operationalizing process flows and alerts, and be an innovator in using the latest technologies
- Build relationships throughout the organization to enhance and support our focus on safe, secure, and reliable operations
- Develop and lead large transformational projects to improve our IT resiliency and enhance our customer experience
- Guide, develop, promote, and mentor a highly functioning team of analysts and specialists
- Develop, manage, measure and report on key service-level metrics showcasing the effects of large projects and continuous improvements
- Promote a culture of rapid and agile deployment, out of the box thinking, and eagerness to succeed in an environment that is quickly transforming to support our dynamic aviation market
- Accountable and responsible to own a specific delivery area, with teams having similar or uniform skill sets
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, and onboarding employees
- Responsible for maintaining a healthy work environment including development of personal growth opportunities for reporting employees
- Communicate job expectations, monitoring, and appraising employee performance
- Provide coaching, counseling, and mentoring to employees
- Develop and enforce systems, policies, and procedures for employees
- Manage delivery quality by enforcing customer service standards
- Ensure adherence to professional and technical standards by reviewing and benchmarking to latest and state-of-the-art practices
- 9-12 years of IT technology, operations, people leadership and strategy experience in a large company
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Must possess a strong technical background in various operating systems, networks, applications, databases, and cloud
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Team player and ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment with a bias toward action
- Ability to operate effectively under conditions of ambiguity
- Ability to understand and affect decisions strategically for the interest of Air Canada first and foremost
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.