Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Providing the leadership and direction to ensure that all aspects of Airport Training Design are completed in accordance with the standards set forth by Transport Canada, Airports, Customer Service, Corporate Safety and Commercial.
- Ensure Safety, Security and Service standards are observed, monitored and practiced consistently
- Compliant with standards established by IOSA, SMS and other applicable authorities.
- Identify risks; where audit activities have revealed vulnerabilities, ensure identification and addressing ofroot cause and implementation of corrective measures to address root cause.
- Allocate airport operations material, human & financial resources and policies for Air Canada to ensure safety and security of operations.
- Ensure programs are designed in accordance with Transport Canada Regulations and Air Canada CorporateStandards and ensure consistency system wide
- Ensure the training design operation is in compliance with the AOSH and COSH regulations
- Respond to any findings reported following an inspection by any member of the Branch, Transport Canada or ther regulatory bodies
- Support or participate in internal or external audit activities
- Manage the performance and progress of direct reports
- Review and respond to inquiries, internal or external, regarding any aspect of Training Design
- Communicate with internal stakeholders as part of a broader strategy to support the needs of the greater airports operations
- Head the introduction/integration of commercial elements into applicable training programs
- Support elements of Commercial based Training Programs
- Provides direction for the design, delivery, planning and scheduling of all programs, regulatory and non regulatory, to support corporate goals and objectives
- Provides direction for acquisitions of all training equipment.
- Executes Compliance Audits (Transport Canada/Star Alliance/IOSA/CTA/)
- Develops training strategies pertaining to training delivery and design
- Functional direction over 4 managers
- Represents Training Design to outside educational bodies
- Provides support and direction to the Training Design Team
- Ensures effective and timely communication within the team and the branch
- Liaises with Customer Service Safety and Transport Canada on issues involving training design and standards
- Manages staffing levels for design
- Recruits and selects direct reports
Safety and Regulatory Responsibilities:
- Maintain safety as first topic day to day (production and administration)
- Assuming any responsibilities delegated by the Director Customer Service Training Design/Transformation
- In person’s absence, all responsibilities for duties are delegated to another qualified individual
- Keep abreast of corporate initiatives and communications
- Establish and maintain Business Processes and Procedures for the position
- Follow Risk Assessment Management for change or introduction of equipment, processes and procedures and when conducting all investigations (refer to Safety Management Manual, Chapter 3.5) IF APPLICABLE
- Ensure provisions of the Official Languages Act are applied to the daily work environment as required
- Indoctrination Training
- Job orientation
- SMS (Safety Management System)
- CARs (Canadian Aviation Regulations)
- Canada Labour Code
- IOSA GRH 2
- Health & Safety
- Accident and incident Investigation
- Risk Management/ACRMS
- Project management
- Dangerous Goods Certification
- Publication 4 Airport Quality Manual
- Publication 355 IFS Quality Manual
- Bachelors Degree in Adult Education or the equivalent
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.