Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada seeks technically experienced Specialist, DevOps who is highly motivated and collaborative to work on the successful delivery and maintenance of mobile and web applications. You will be working on automating application deployments, monitoring and implementing best coding practices by working closely with development teams. Specialist, DevOps will also work on integrating deliverables by various teams for our end customers. Successful candidate should be able to execute and automate operational processes with utmost quality, accuracy and security.
This position reports to the Scrum Master - CSI
- Develop, deliver and maintain applications as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products through introduction of new tools, technology and practices for evolution of processes & optimization of applications.
- Automate the build and release of multiple projects by implementing automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Maintain code branches along with integrations of code across multiple branches.
- Configure complex installations and quickly resolve all defects or script issues found within the installation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve development constraints and deployment issues
- Apply effective coding practices for error-free timely release.
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures accompanied by configuration and design of database models relative the requirements of the organization
- Maintains data standard and security measures through the implementation of information technology plans, policies, and standards.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Accountable and responsible to own a specific delivery area, with teams having similar or uniform skill sets
- Ensure adherence to professional and technical standards by reviewing and benchmarking to latest and state-of-the-art practices.
- Follow DevOps delivery model and recommend adjustments based on results, when needed by ensuring functionality of our installed products are up to date and supported.
- Help implement guidelines, standards, and procedures and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Understand the various application architectures and ensure development of supportable automation processes.
- Coordinate with Architecture and Quality teams to ensure timely delivery of projects, features, bugfixes, and infrastructure improvements into multiple production environments
- Lead and coordinate the go-live activities essential to the execution of the deployment plans/checklists
- 9-12 years of overall IT technology experience
- 4+ years of DevOps or related experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- AWS certification is preferred.
- At least 2+ years AWS experience using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution.
- Experience with cloud-based monitoring logging, cost analysis tools
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Experience and proficiency with Linux system administration.
- Experience with version control repositories like GIT
- Knowledge of containerization tools (e.g. Docker)
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services.
- Demonstrated experience working with Agile Ops/DevOps teams, including KPI development for efficiency tracking.
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills, interfacing with internal peers, upper management, and customers.
- Team player and ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented work environment with a bias toward action.
- Ability to understand and affect decisions strategically for the interest of Air Canada first and foremost
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.