Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Advisor, IT Business Partnership is responsible for interfacing with Air Canada’s Customer business groups to identify and prioritize business requirements for IT as well as aligning and translating business needs into technology requirements.
This position reports to the Senior Business Partnership Manager, Customer.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, IT, and external vendors
- Align business priorities with IT service delivery
- Create successful relationships with business and being trusted advisors on issues and aspects related to IT
- Achieve customer satisfaction with IT services related to the Customer business application portfolio
- Analyze projects and portfolios proposed by business units, and develop and implement a sound rationale for portfolio management
- Possess a broad knowledge of technical and business resources with the organization and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources
- Perform business analysis, and develop business plans and recommendations as required
- Works with appropriate stakeholders to proactively identify and evaluate risks associated with business decisions.
- Participate in short-and long-term strategic planning sessions with the IT organization, business units and external vendors to improve business processes and procedures
- Collaborate with Digital & Technology and Delivery & Operations teams to ensure development of solutions that are compatible with company standards
- Work collaboratively with service managers to develop clear and concise communications with respects to incidents, problems, and change management as needed
- Support business initiatives, while making sure any IT specific risk introduced is properly managed
- Identify IT risks, communicate and develop “best practice” solutions, and implement mitigating controls consistent with company strategy
- Plan, coordinate and oversee activities related to the design, development and integration of information systems, operations systems and reporting systems in a business or security or risk context
- Introduce new processes and technologies and ensure that gaps in the aforementioned items are identified and addressed ahead of time,
- Implement and manage governance around Customer business partner/security management both internally and externally
- Work with the vendor’s teams (business and technical) to establish and review policies and IT direction
- Perform project reviews to ensure that they align to Air Canada’s business/ information security requirements
- Ensure that the company’s internal technological processes and services comply with community expectations, laws, and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility
- Represent the organization and take an active participation on different IT business or security airline specific forums
- Supporting the leadership team on strategic initiatives specific to the respective portfolio
- 9-12 years of IT technology, operations and people leadership experience in a large company
- Certifications in business analytics, PMI-PBA (Professional in Business Analysis), CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional)
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Self-motivated individual with an investigative nature
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.