Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Insurance, the Corporate Insurance Manager will:
- Actively participate in the marketing, negotiation and selection of various insurance programs/products.
- Provide specialized consulting services throughout the organization on insurance and risk assessment issues with recommended solutions.
- Manage the claims settlement process involving loss of, or damage to, company property and actively gather the proper information in order to recover the related costs in a timely manner.
- Responsible for developing and analyzing records and underwriting data.
- Liaise with broking community as required.
- Continually improve process efficiency and use of resources.
- Liaise with insurance brokers in order to identify and evaluate the corporate risks arising in the course of operations and provide recommendations to the Director, Corporate Insurance.
- Review contracts and agreements of the Corporation with external parties, also support the affiliated companies (e.g.: Jazz), and evaluate insurance, indemnity and related provisions; liaise with the Law Branch and other corporate entities to coordinate and assess contract liabilities; perform a risk assessment, make recommendations and provide risk transfer solutions; contact external parties and assess impact, examine and validate evidence of insurance carried by other parties to ensure adequate protection.
- Arrange for property inspections and other internal risk management reviews, as required, to assure that adequate levels of risk controls are in place.
- Maintain an active approach when a latent risk is not properly covered, raising attention from the respective areas involved.
- Analyze, negotiate and manage current insurance policies and the acquisition of future requirements.
- Liaise and collaborate with the management of the Corporation’s insurance brokers.
- Represent the Corporation in the placement of various insurance policies and related products to meet corporate requirements.
- Manage the settlement of and arrange for payment of claims involving loss of, or damage to, corporate assets.
- Deliver high quality internal customer service by responding promptly to requests and concerns; liaise with third parties as required, looking for the best protection of the Company assets and confirm key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Ensure internal employees are aware of corporate risks and insurance matters by providing consulting services throughout the organization.
- Participate in various internal projects and initiatives relating to insurance and risk management.
- Provide periodical training to internal customers on Insurance related matters.
- Prepare a gap analysis for budgeting and expenditures control.
- Manage and analyze records, data and reports.
- Create and modify procedures, maintain up to date records, and documents related to the Corporate Insurance department.
- Analyze the information required for exposures on each policy renewal, gather information from different departments, analyze and compare with previous renewals, and transmit the relevant information to the insurance brokers.
- Support the Director, Corporate Insurance and the Manager, Corporate Insurance as required while progressively acquiring the managerial/technical skills through work experience and resources offered by the risk management and insurance community.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- University degree in Business or other equivalence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent in French and English would be a definite asset
- Ability to manage several priorities and to work within deadlines
- Motivated innovator with strong analytical skills
- Autonomous with recognized leadership skills
- Ability to interact with and influence people at all levels of the Corporation
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), and the use of the internet
- Knowledge of contracts and experience in managing contractual risks an asset
- CRM (Canadian Risk Management) designation would be a definite asset
- Prior experience in the insurance industry and/or a legal background would be a definite asset
- Available for travel as required (not extensive)
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.