Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The primary responsibility is to manage incoming travel agency enquiries & requests and offer highest level of support and service. They will support the commercial team by being the point of contact for agencies and corporate accounts, and provide administrative support, preparation of analytical market intelligence data and maintenance of the sales database
The Inside Sales Coordinator will remain professional, courteous and helpful at all times. The successful candidate will require a good understanding of the dynamics of the travel industry and ensure the needs of the customers (internally and externally) are fulfilled.
- The Sales Support Coordinator will support the local Air Canada commercial team in the following areas: administrative support, preparation of analytical and market intelligence data and maintenance of the sales database.
- Support the commercial team by managing incoming calls and emails, being the point of contact for travel agencies and corporate accounts
- Handling any enquires from preferred travel agents or trade partners and troubleshoot any agent bookings/fare and ticketing issues with solid technical knowledge
- Support all travel agency PNR booking related requests including; inventory clearance requests, changes, baggage requests through the use of the Air Canada reservation system.
- Taking overflow incoming phone calls and back up for Group and MICE enquires
- Provide information on competitive pricing activities regularly and share with the AU commercial team
- Provide ticketing service, register sales support activities and keep logbook updated at all times
- Support Corporate Sales by providing administrative assistance in Corporate Fare filing and handling escalation from corporate travel agent
- Support Marketing Manager with developing sales collateral - flyers, brochures, monthly newsletters, and industry updates
- Coordinate and organize major trade shows and industry sales events, organize agency Famil trips and manage prize winner tickets and ID ticket requests, conduct agency seminars
- Assisting commercial team with any administrative tasks
: ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY OR ALL OF THE FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES LISTED ABOVE PLUS ANY OTHER RELATED TASKS AS ASSIGNED
BY THE EMPLOYEE’S SUPERIOR.
- Previous travel industry or airline experience in a sales support role or similar is essential
- Demonstrated skills and understanding of GDS, fares and airline industry technical programs
- Ticketing knowledge essential
- Knowledge of Amadeus Altea airline reservation system desirable
- Must be customer service driven with a passion for sales
- Efficient computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills with an aptitude for precision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player and willing to work flexible hours when required
- Strong work ethic required and a positive can-do attitude
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.