Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Manager, Behavioural Analytics – Spend is a senior role within the Customer Analytics team reporting to the Director, Behavioural Analytics within Air Canada’s Loyalty and eCommerce division. The Manager, Behavioural Analytics – Spend has expertise in the application and execution of customer data analytics and will play a role of manager and subject matter expert specifically focused on Aeroplan’s financial partners on relevant Air Canada and Loyalty customer data assets, including credit card transactional data, understanding and helping to define and solve critical business problems and supporting and developing key analysis to address business opportunities in alignment with Air Canada’s loyalty marketing strategies for our financial partners and clients. The role will serve to deepen Air Canada’s customer understanding, predict customer behaviours and measure investment effectiveness.
The role requires knowledge and practical experience of the application of data analytics and statistical/modeling/machine learning techniques to large data sets to drive the development of actionable insights that ultimately create business results for our clients, both internally and externally. With the end goals of informing business decision making and enhancing customer’s loyalty experience by providing world class analytical solutions, the Manager, Behavioural Analytics – Spend plays a pivotal role within the Behavioural Analytics - Spend team.
The successful candidate is a highly motivated individual with strong consumer sector expertise in the financial card space, is a practiced expert in the application of data & analytics practices and possesses a passion for data science and database marketing.
- Identify, manage, analyze, and interpret customer data providing meaningful and actionable insights that tie directly to our clients’ business objectives
- Provide technical guidance and hands on development across the behavioural analytics team in the development of analytic approaches and models that enhance business decisions and create incremental value for our clients – segmentation, targeting, forecasting models, churn models, acquisition models, recommender systems, etc
- Be a thought leader: Lead proposals and support the execution of new sources of value creation, process improvement and business performance through the applied use of data and analytics practices. Be the recognized go-to expert for internal and external clients in the understanding and application of Air Canada’s data assets as they pertain to our financial partners
- Support analysts in providing expertise to Partnership, Marketing, CRM and Strategy teams
- Manage expectations with clients, analyst workload and priorities
- Develop and execute on data requirements and measurement plans (including metrics such as Incremental Revenue / ROI, response / conversion rates, etc.) that accurately measure the success of the campaign / program
- Provide subject matter expertise to the financial client team as the expert in experimental design and post campaign analytics as they develop new campaigns / programs for our clients and provide recommended strategies supported by analytics
- Establish strong collaborative relationships across the various analytics teams to leverage and maximize analytic capabilities, and our business stakeholders to drive opportunities for improvements and develop our capabilities
- Ensure Behavioural Analytics - Spend team produces key analyses with accuracy and integrity
- Ensure best practices around test/control/learn and contact strategy are adhered to for all campaigns / programs.
- Demonstrates initiative, a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results, and acts on opportunities to create value.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Behavioural Analytics - Spend roadmap
- Responds resourcefully and shows nimbleness when faced with new challenges and demands.
- Effectively manages the pressures and complexities of various situations. Moves forward positively and productively under conditions of change or uncertainty.
- Technical Skills - Relational data warehouse skills (i.e. SQL/SAS) and experience mining them; using and developing business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI); SAS statistical coding expert; advanced modeling experience and experience in coding in big data environments (e.g. R/Python);
- Business Skills - Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments at once, a strong demonstrated background in applied statistical analysis - specifically in modeling and targeted marketing applications; understanding of direct marketing theory (experimental design) and marketing program measurement; expertise in defining data-driven customer strategies based on analytics and insights, lifecycle approaches, segmented messages and offers, etc.; ability to interpret research, extract and communicate insights that are business results focused
- General Skills - analyze business problems, suggest new approaches as appropriate; strong oral and written skills to communicate complex data and analysis in a simple way, attention to detail, a high aptitude for problem solving and a natural interest in understanding and explaining consumer behaviour;
- Team management skills - Provide guidance and coach a team of Analysts and Senior Analysts on coding, analytics methodologies, processes, priority management & development of strategic insights that will drive value to Air Canada’s business.
- Strong collaboration and team player aptitudes
- Graduate degree preferred in statistics, mathematics, BI, economics, or other quantitative fields
- 5+ years of analytical and data mining experience
- 3+ years of CRM / Loyalty / Financial experience
- 3+ years in the financial credit card sector an asset
- 2+ years managing a team.
- Ideally has held a role with either client facing experience and/or strategy experience:
The individual will be the technical expert leveraged by the Behavioural Analytics – Spend team, both supporting and developing key analysis and models that address complex business needs as well as on the complexities and appropriate usage of our data warehouse. In this capacity, the individual will also serve as a business expert in supporting our Loyalty Partnership and Marketing teams in properly defining business problems and approaches to effectively and robustly address their business needs, whether from internal or external clients and regularly interacting directly with our Partners and Air Canada’s Senior Management responsible for Partnership and Marketing in providing thought leadership and managing work. This position has 2 direct reports and supports in managing a larger pool of resources.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.