Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Director, NRFO and Operational Excellence this position will lead, manage and support all flight operations short, medium, and long-term projects. This role will ensure deliverables and milestones are met to achieve the Flight Operations targets and or legal requirements.
The Project Manager, Flight Operations is responsible to:
- Identify objectives and develop strategies for projects in support of branch goals and objectives.
- Lead and manage all flight operations aircraft programs and have daily oversight for the day-to-day activities within each project reporting to the Director, NRFO and Operational Excellence.
- Lead and manage all projects related to merger, purchase or alliance with other airlines/air carriers related to flight operations requirements.
- Lead and manage and support all flight operations fiscal, operational and procedural program mandates related to assigned projects.
- Develop reports, PowerPoints or spreadsheets related to all assigned projects within flight operations and ensure project owners are made aware of any project deviations or progress delays.
- Identify project efficiencies and cost avoidance measures when applicable within projects and identify them to the Director, NRFO and Operational Excellence.
- Identify program risks and hazards associated with the various programs and when applicable support risk assessments from a program perspective.
- Support the Budget, plan, monitor and oversee the tracking of all project specific expenses.
- Ensure all projects have captured and assigned required resources.
- Make recommendations to the Director, NRFO and Operational Excellence matters pertaining to various projects.
- Participate in Branch, Interbranch and 3rd party meetings related to assigned projects.
- University entrance minimum, university or college.
- PMP (Project Management Certification)
- Ability to communicate in both written and oral English at an advanced (University Degree equivalent) level.
- Ability to use Microsoft Project to a high level of competency and/or other similar products
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, electronic mail, PowerPoint) efficiently.
- Formal training in Safety Management must be completed within six months of appointment.
- Candidate should be based in Toronto.
- Previous project management experience at a major air carrier is preferred.
- Previous project management experience related to large projects representing significant risk and value.
- Negotiation skills and experience in conflict management.
- Superior writing skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team skills, technical skills and leadership capabilities.
- Strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking along with good problem-solving skills
- In depth knowledge of audit programs and project management.
- Work Demands / Schedule: This position demands the candidate have a high level of commitment and the ability to accomplish frequent short-notice tasks and travel.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.