Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
As a Specialist, Artificial Intelligence - Operations Research at Air Canada, you will drive the analytical scope and method for projects using Optimization, Simulation, Mathematics, Stats, and Business Understanding to derive structure and knowledge from raw data and business rules. We are looking for a Specialist, Artificial Intelligence - Operations Research that will help us formulate business problem, objective, and constraint into solvable model and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products and services. Your primary focus will be in applying Operation Research techniques integrated with our products and services.
- Support the maturation of AI and Advanced Analytics platforms, modules, and services that address cross-enterprise opportunities
- Establish strong relationship with vendor partners to ensure strong delivery, innovation and ongoing improvement in receiving high value services
- Evaluating AI vendor partners as part of engaging with them for project opportunities
- Drive organizational policies, standards and procedures in development and use of AI and Advanced Analytics solutions
- Lead business and technology analysis efforts for a particular functional area
- Performing quality assessments of analytical solutions, particularly simulation and optimization models, including metrics
- Developing solutions to complex requests for analytics in regards to modeling, simulation, and optimization from all departments
- Lead requirement and systems analysis efforts, including translating business requirements
- Participate on agile teams
- Lead business case creation efforts
- Lead Planning and monitoring processes for a particular functional area
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Define and maintain methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes
- 5 - 10 years relevant experience in advanced analytics, simulation, optimization, or logistics
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in Mathematics, Operations Research/Management, Quantitative Methods, or Industrial Engineering and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Strong background in simulation and optimization tools such as Anylogic, CPLEX, Express, etc.
- Experience in applying different techniques in Simulation such as multi-agent and discrete event simulation
- Experience in optimization techniques, such as MILP, QP, and NLP
- Programming experience in at least two of the following languages: R, Python, Scala, SQL
- Experience in applying Operations Research methods to business problems
- Experience in applying advanced analytical and statistical methods in the commercial world
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Knowledge of distributed computing
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented mindset
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.