Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The principal task of the Sales Account Manager – Brisbane is to maximize sales for Air Canada by generating, developing and maintaining existing industry relationships, while sourcing and developing new relationships in the assigned region, Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
Raise Air Canada’s profile by planning and organizing sales activities around regular contact with TMC’s, Travel Agency Managers, Direct corporate customers and travel managers. Be the main Air Canada representative in the assigned region
Working within a budget while executing preferred airline agreements, corporate contracts and agency incentive campaigns.
- Be the main Air Canada representative and point of contact in your assigned region
- Develop and implement sales strategies and sales plans to increase existing business and market share with travel agency and corporate customers
- Continually liaise and interact with the Sales Manager – Leisure and General Manager to ensure the organization’s strategic direction is aligned with the specific account base and territory
- Prepare and Manage the territory budget preparation process, to ensure the sales and revenue opportunities are maximized
- Determine growth opportunities and trends to ensure an effective sales and market coverage. Monitor performance data & KPI's pertaining to agency and corporate (cc) performance focusing on the 80/20 rule.
- Negotiate and implement preferred carrier agreements with assigned travel agency / TMC groups with a focus on ensuring opportunities for growth and a focus on quality revenue are achieved.
- Continually source leads and assess opportunities with the direct / in-direct corporate sales channel
- Create and prepare template’s for reviews, setting individual commercial objectives and priorities
- Prepare sales call schedule on a weekly basis, ensuring accounts of responsibility are serviced and maintained. Ensure Air Canada promotional and tactical sales material is distributed to customer base through sales calls and/or email exchange
- Regularly monitor account (direct and indirect) revenue performance and develop sales strategies to ensure expected growth is achieved
- Schedule regular training, product updates and presentations with Air Canada’s preferred TMC and agency partners
- Ensure that local marketing intelligence, trends, developments, competitor activity and other patterns that may impact Air Canada are reported accurately and immediately to commercial office in Sydney
- Prepare monthly reports; detailing activities, achievements, market feedback, and plan for following month
- Seek additional opportunities within the business community through contacts from partner airlines, corporate travel management companies and local business associations
- Attend sales team meetings and industry related events (eg. conferences and expos) as required
- Resolve conflict and customer grievances in a constructive and professional manner
- Maintain the Air Canada’s sales and customer database records ensuring accuracy
- Ensure Air Canada’s market profile is elevated and promoted in assigned territory
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
: ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY OR ALL OF THE FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES LISTED ABOVE PLUS ANY OTHER RELATED TASKS AS ASSIGNED BY THE EMPLOYEE’S SUPERIOR.
- Airline Sales or Travel industry sales experience is required, minimum two years preferred
- Strong existing network of key travel industry contacts would be an advantage
- A passion for sales essential with demonstrated sales experience of regularly exceeding sales targets
- Will be required to drive the business at all levels, from sales calls to travel agencies to senior strategic meetings with key local stakeholders.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Willingness to network with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Advanced computer skills including working knowledge of; Power Point, Word, Excel
- A degree of flexibility required to work extra hours including some weekends and to travel both interstate and overseas, occasionally at short notice.
- Ability to work under pressure in a very competitive environment
- May be required to supply his or her own vehicle for business travel and may claim related expenses in accord with company policy
: A cover letter detailing your suitability for the role is essential, please attach along with your CV when applying.
English, other languages an asset
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.