Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This role is responsible for the day to day management, delivery and performance of the Air Canada Passenger Accounts and Accounts Payable operations for the UK and various other European locations.
This position is required on a full-time temporary basis to replace a maternity leave.
- Plan, develop, evaluate and initiate changes to the accounting systems and procedures also leading and participating in accounting projects both internally and externally.
- Prepare VAT returns for various countries on a monthly & quarterly basis ensuring that they are correct and that all the relevant data is included prior to submission.
- Review and verify VAT returns prepared by the Coordinator for various locations before submission.
- Check and verify expense claims created in Ariba for the U.K and other European locations when needed.
- Monitoring Ariba Tax Review to ensure that invoices and claims are cleared for payment in a timely manner.
- Reconciliation of the Worldlink and Western Union bank accounts, liaising with treasury to resolve any queries.
- Ensure all received Agency Debit and Credit Memo’s are appropriately reviewed and resolved within the required timeframe and deadlines.
- Guide, counsel, develop and motivate subordinate staff conducting yearly performance appraisals providing attentive leadership and direction.
- Verification and auditing of all accounting systems and processes in compliance with corporate internal guidelines carrying out periodic self-audit checklists.
- Ensuring continued local VAT compliance and obligations while identifying opportunities or changes to current practice including new stations.
- Monitor and authorise all Accounting office sales reports & MDR’S following up any outstanding receivables identified in the aging report.
- Negotiate and act for the company with external agencies including banks, tax authorities, credit card service providers, IATA, BSP’s etc.
- Liaise with IATA, YWG Revenue Protection and HQ with regards to default agencies using the DRS (Default Recovery Service) procedures.
- Using the various banking and payment systems, verify and authorise any disbursement payments when required.
- Attend quarterly IATA LCAG-P meetings representing Air Canada advising IATA on any operational accounting issues or concerns.
- Carrying out interviewing for new prospective accounts department employees.
- Working closely with all members of the Finance Team providing support where necessary and required.
- Create, maintain and monitor departmental expense budget authorising applicable invoices.
- Handling and dealing with sensitive and confidential information in the appropriate manner.
- Establish and maintain good Health and Safety practices carrying out respective office workplace and risk assessments.
- Qualification / degree in Accounting
- Proven leadership and people management skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proven experience of working on own initiative
- Evidence of good organizational skills
- Good verbal and written skills
- Computer literate including Microsoft Excel & Word
- Must have the right to work in the UK without restriction
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.