Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Senior Forecasting & Network Intelligence Manager the Network Intelligence and Analytics Manager is a key position within Network Planning. The job holder will be responsible to conduct data modeling and analytics as well as to build business intelligence reports and dashboards for Network Planning users.
The job holder will manage and drive data modeling and network analytics’ projects. He or she will apply mathematical modeling and statistical analysis to identify trends as well as market opportunities for the Commercial Organization of Air Canada. The role will require strong skills in computer science, statistics and creative problem solving.
- Be a key player in the development of new tools to seek out market opportunities.
- Conduct analyses of passenger flows on the global networks and identify trends using relevant data, analytical reasoning and commercial knowledge.
- Build ad-hoc and automated reports to support decision making in Network Planning.
- Make enhancements to existing tools with the goal of advancing the business intelligence capabilities of Network Planning.
- Liaise with IT to ensure Network Planning has access to the required infrastructure and technology for an adequate support on data science and artificial intelligence.
- Help rationalize market size selection, growth and stimulation.
- Handle mining, curation and analysis of travel and tourism industry data.
- Derive business insight from large data sets and work with business stakeholders to deploy insights drawn from analyses to extract commercial value.
- Support the analytical and decision-making needs of the commercial organization.
- Participate in synergistic projects, which may involve cooperation with other colleagues from the Commercial Organization.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth understanding of mathematical and statistical models (forecasting techniques, linear and multivariate regression, etc.).
- Attend data modeling and analytics events and develop such expertise within the forecasting and network intelligence team.
- Develop, formulate and use big data models to solve complex business problems.
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets to draw relevant conclusions and communicate the information efficiently to support the Network Planning Team.
- Assume the responsibility that comes with these tasks, given their scope and their critical nature within the branch as well as the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Intelligence or equivalent.
- Required expertise with Microsoft Office tools (Access, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Technical skills in manipulating and analyzing large databases.
- High proficiency in SQL, SAS and WebFOCUS a definite asset.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to communicate at multiple levels of understanding.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to synthesize complex situations, formulate solution sets and present results in simple and understandable terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills: diplomacy, presentation and persuasion.
- Self-starter and ability to work under pressure, changing priorities and tight deadlines with limited supervision
- Experience with airline industry business a definite asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.