Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Government and Community Relations, the Advisor, Economic and Policy affairs will join the Government Relations team to develop policy positions that foster the growth of the airline industry and to identify and analyze legislative/regulatory changes that could impact the industry, on a federal, provincial and local basis.
This position may be located in Montreal or Ottawa.
- Conduct research to assess the economic impact of public policies on aviation and other relevant industries
- Assess the economic contribution of air services to local/regional economy
- Develop advocacy positions and elaborate submission on variety of issues including transportation, tourism, international relations, environment, regional economic development, consumer protection, etc…
- Prepare presentations for senior government officials and industry stakeholders
- Monitor and analyze aviation economic impact studies conducted by external stakeholders and related public positions
- Assist the Government Relations team to maintain and strengthen Air Canada’s relationships with think thanks, industry partners and advocacy groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or in another relevant discipline. A Master’s degree is considered a strong asset;
- Experience and knowledge of the aviation industry ;
- Experience performing economic impact assessments, policy and program analysis
- Good knowledge of the Canadian legislative processes at the federal and provincial levels
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Adaptability and flexibility to deal with a rapidly changing environment.
- Be fluently bilingual (French and English) at the oral and written forms
- Demonstrated sense of initiative with strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated by relationship management
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.