Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Talent Acquisitions Workforce Planning Analyst, primary focus is to manage hiring requests from our internal customers and deliver high-caliber service with a specific focus on data management, data investigation, predictive modeling, and data visualization. This role requires strong client relationships with clear communication skills. This position also requires both technical knowledge and business awareness. In conjunction with peers, the Workforce Planning Analyst builds and maintains management/operational knowledge of recruiting, performance management, learning and other functions.
- Proactively build long-term/contract/staffing forecasts as needed up to 18 months in the future. Regularly update this model due to changes in business, increase in customers, and partner with Talent Leaders to deliver staffing needs recommendation.
- Monitor and analyze past trends, forecast future volumes and create operational plans used to allocate resources necessary to maintain service levels while minimizing operating costs.
- Produce analysis and visualizations through cutting edge technologies.
- Establishes credibility by demonstrating an understanding and keeping current on Talent Analytic trends, research and tools.
- Maintains intraday, daily, weekly, and/or monthly hiring analysis of historical data to predict hiring and staffing requirements.
- Understands the process of data integration: including workforce data from central systems such as PeopleSoft and other HR applications such as Taleo, and/or in our Talent development platforms.
- Analyzes historical trends of occupancies and utilization levels of Talent staff use in future planning.
- Clearly presents data via presentations on trends, forecasts, supplies, predicts future potentials.
- Work closely with data, reporting and analytics team members including articulating client demands. Translate business needs into clear requirements and direction for data and reporting teams. Design the resource required and leverage the internal team’s talent to deliver on the needs of the business.
- Ability to manage multiple projects from the business, while maintaining a structured and disciplined approach to ensure overall TA business objectives are achieved.
- Measure and quantify the impact of key Talent initiatives and tell the story behind the numbers.
- Bachelor’s degree (an asset)
- Certification in Data analytics and Data visualization (an asset)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good operational experience or knowledge with HR processes and systems related to workforce reporting, recruiting, learning, performance management and overall people data
- Extensive reporting experience including knowledge of process and data usage. Knowledge of standard metrics and key performance indicators
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to think strategically and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced experience in the Microsoft suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project), dashboarding tools (Tableau, PowerBI). Technical knowledge (SQL) for report production.
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.