Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Data and Digital Enablement, the incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Senior Director and his team. As such, we expect the candidate to possess strong organizational and communication skills.
The temporary position is based in Montreal for one year.
- Direct handling of routine and confidential matters, i.e. correspondence, telephone queries, expenses, etc.
- Manage all correspondence, internal and external, respond as required and as appropriate.
- Prepare spreadsheets, graphs, presentations, reports as required.
- Coordinate meetings both locally and at remote locations, i.e. book conference rooms, meeting notices, hotels and flight, etc.
- Coordinate and book flights and hotels according to calendar of the Senior Director
- Prepare, coordinate and distribute meeting material, e.g., agenda, reports, presentations, etc.
- Interface/liaise regularly with other Air Canada branches.
- Establish and maintain electronic-filing and follow-up systems.
- Provide general administrative and secretarial support.
- Act as replacement and/or support to the other Administrative Assistants by covering vacations and/or as required.
- Act as a backup to the other Administrative Assistant by taking over some duties during absences (mail pickup and delivery, payment and processing of invoices, vacation tracking, processing of expenses, team members support)
- Order catering, supplies, equipment etc.
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent with 2-3 years of diversified experience in administrative and office support
- Sound knowledge and proficiency of computer skills, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and OneNote
- Strong organizational skills and disciplined (efficient, high quality, organized)
- Strong sense for detail
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- High degree of diplomacy, discretion, maturity and judgment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Fast learner
- Team player
- Autonomous and dynamic
- Applicant must be flexible and willing to work extended hours on occasion; strong personal initiative and have the ability to work in a confidential capacity, with little or no supervision
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.